December 2010 Moms
Options

Cruise question

Next year is a big year for us. We both graduate college and it is our 5 year anniversary. Dh wants to go on a cruise without the kids. He is looking between an east Caribbean or west Caribbean. East will be St. Thomas and St. Martin (?). Western: Haiti Jamaica gran cayman Cozumel

Thoughts?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.

Re: Cruise question

• Options
    I've done both and prefer West Caribbean, although I haven't been to Haiti. Especially Grand Cayman- it's beautiful. St. Thomas and St. John were gorgeous, but WAY touristy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We did Eastern when we went.  We were supposed to go to St. Thomas, St. Marten and Bahamas.  There was a hurricane that devistated St. Marten, so we were diverted to Grand Turk instead.  Unfortunately, Grand Turk had just been hit by a hurricane, so Margaritaville was the only place open on the whole island.
    Bahamas was okay, but crowded.
    St. Thomas was nice.  We rented a bus for the day that took us around the island, wherever we wanted to go.  Our driver took us to a secluded beach instead of the more touristy one.  Then we hit up the bars.
    We went in October, which is apparently hurricane season.  Our waiter told us that he worked on the cruise for 20 years and the waves were the worst of any cruise he'd been on.  Honestly, I wouldn't cruise again.  It just wasn't for me.  I know you didn't ask for that last part though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are able to go on vacation without the kids, then don't go on a cruise. Do something fun that you can't do with the kids. Go to Costa Rica or something. Your next big vacation (with the kids) can be a cruise.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I went on an eastern Caribbean cruise with a girl friend many years back and it was a great time. Congrats and have fun!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"