Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

tall and skinny...clothing recommendations?

DS is really tall and skinny.  He just turned 6 months yesterday, and he's already getting too tall for a lot of his 9 month clothes.  But he's so thin that even 6 month pants are huge in the waist.  I'm finding that now that it's getting cooler, and I'm putting him in long pants, this is a much bigger issue than it was when I could just put him in his 3 month shorts, which fit in the waist. 

Anyone else have a long, skinny baby?  Any recommendations for specific clothes brands that run a little longer without being bigger overall?  TIA!

Re: tall and skinny...clothing recommendations?

• Options
    our LO is 6 months and 29 1/2"long.  carters 12 month onesies fit him well for length.  they are baggy in the body area though, but i prefer that to him wearing a tight onesie.   for pants he still wears 3-6 months fine in a wide range of brands (gap, carters, old navy).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I had trouble with this when my DS was a baby and I STILL have issues now that he's 3! I know Old Navy makes pants with adjustable waist bands for toddlers... maybe they do for babies? Target carries a few brands that have adjustable waist bands too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby Gap is pretty long and skinny consistently.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ditto Carters, and a lot of Childrens Place seems to run a little narrower.

Also look into Dapper Snappers. I can't remember when we started using them with DS1, but they were great. I know we'll need them with DS2 because he's really little too.
  • Options
    DS is 7 months and 29 inches (and 21 pounds)- he has some things from Old Navy that seem to fit his length well (then again, I think he might be wearing 12 mo). Also, a few things from Carter's, too....

imageimageimage
  • Options

J is 27.5" and only 15lb 12oz, so he's really thin for how tall he is.  Baby Gap isn't exactly friendly to my budget, but I'll be checking out the other suggestions!

• Options
    My son was and still is long and lean at 3 years old. When he was a baby, we did a lot of Carter's. We also liked joe's skinny jeans (every once in a while there is a good deal on them on zulily. Definitely stick to skinny jeans with adjustable waist bands (the ones with the bands on the inside...not the draw string ones).
  • Options
    Boys are a lot harder than girls (DD was tall/skinny but dresses solved the problem). I've got pants from all the stores in all sizes for boys (6,9,12, 6-12, 12-18) and for my DS the best is the athletic type wind pant from Osh Kosh in 12 months. It fits really narrow and the length is perfect too. When it comes to most other ones, the 9 and even some 6 months are way too baggy in the waste and not near long enough. When I found these pants I bought every color and the sales associate said her sister said the same thing about the pants for her kid. Here's the link if you're interested:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I've found that some Carters onesies are nice and long. DD - who is barely 7 mos - is in 18 month onesies already (she's in the 100th percentile for length though). Pants are also becoming a problem (too short for winter mos.) but I found Children's Place pants (12-18+ mos.) also seem to be nice and long.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a tall chunky baby. Baby Gap clothes tend to be long enough but too tight around the belly. Carters is good, particularly the onesies which seem to be longer than other brands I've bought. However she outgrows the Carters footed PJs faster than the onesies, so it depends if they're long in the body or the legs, or in my case both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"