Blended Families

Met with an attorney yesterday

I had my meeting yesterday with an attorney.  I met with the main attorney and then a more junior attorney at the same time, told them what was going on, showed them all the paperwork that I've already filed..etc.  They said I did a great job with what i have already done, and that my case is solid.  This is just with regard to modifying weekday visits.  They said that they would only need to put in 4 hours of time, one hour to write a letter to my ex and then 3 hours for my court date.  They are thinking there is a good chance that after my ex gets the letter he might just settle everything outside of court.  I don't want to get into to much detail at this point, because I don't want to jinx myself, but I feel positive about everything.

They are supposed to send me a draft of the letter today.  I am anxiously awaiting. 

And of all the attorneys that I ended up going with, the main attorney at this firm used to be partners with the judge assigned to my case.  So they might have to move court rooms if it goes that far.

Re: Met with an attorney yesterday

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"