TTC after 35

Thyroid Question

Was just wondering if anyone on thyroid meds, when their dose was raised...did your period go wacky? My doctor raised my meds a bit so I would be in the range she would want to try to conceive.   I'm currently 3 days late and no period...probably TMI but spotted just barely yesterday and took a pregnancy test this morning and a big negative. :(

Re: Thyroid Question

• no I am on 100 mg of Synthroid ... My doctor raised mine VERY slowly I started at 25mg then 50 then 75 etc... I went 6-8 weeks between dosage changes. This frustrated me but she said it reduced the chance of side effects and that she didn't want to shock my body etc....  I was always pretty clockwork and stayed that way throughout the dose changes.

Medicine can affect your cycle but are you sure you didn't ovulate late?  Do you chart?
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Well my doctor just raised it a little...from 25mcg to 50mcg.  Not a real drastic change.  I  haven't been charting but I used for the first time in TTC the clearblue easy ovulation kit..which gave me my fertile and peak days.  On those days we were intimate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • you probably just ovulated later than you think... OPKs only tell you when you are trying to ovulate (LH surge) not that you did or when you did.  Try testing again in a day or two...
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Thank you!  I'll definitely test again in a few days.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"