Toddlers: 24 Months+

sippy cups?

Do you still use sippy cups? DS can drink out of a cup but he usually drops it and makes a mess. I try to explain that the cup stays here. He's 2.5
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: sippy cups?

• We only use open cups at the table or with water. We use cups with straws for milk and other liquids not at the table.
  • We use straw cups in the car and usually if she is drinking something in her playroom (mostly just because she puts it on the floor and ends up kicking it over).  Other than that she gets a regular cup.  She wants to be like mommy and daddy, sometimes she won't drink out of her plastic cups, only little glass cups we have. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • DS1 is just under 2.5 and still uses both sippy and straw cups. He can use regular ones, but I'm not ready for that mess, TBH ;). Im not sure when we'll transition, but I think it's still alright at this point.

• We use a straw cup in the car/when we're out or for her to carry around in the house with water (we have water available to her most of the time). We use cups for meals/at the table. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS1 is just under 2.5 and still uses both sippy and straw cups. He can use regular ones, but I'm not ready for that mess, TBH ;). Im not sure when we'll transition, but I think it's still alright at this point.

I'm exactly the same!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He wants to drink out of an open cup, but so far, he gets like a 1/4 of the cup filled and usually with water only, and he has to stay in the kitchen.  I about died when my aunt gave him milk in a glass cup and filled it to the brim... at her own house... where my unlce is crazy about messes! You'd think she never had kids.  Anyway - he mostly uses the playtex ones with the hard spout now, since he destroys everything else.  He is perfectly capable of drinking from an open cup, but he likes to play with the contents and inevitably makes a giant mess.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"