Preemies

ROP exam

How long did your LOs ROP exam take? After they put in ther dilation drops and let her eyes dilate for an hour her doctor took a look and I'm not kidding it was maybe 2minutes total. He said "right on target- repeat in 2 weeks". Was everyone's this quick? I had this big thing all hyped up in my head.

Re: ROP exam

• Yup, sounds about right. It's the dilation that takes forever -- and the awful way they have to pry their eyes open to do the exam -- my girls cried bloody murder during the entire thing. Those two minutes felt like 2 hours. :(
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yup, the actual exam is really quick.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Yup! DD didn't make a peep during her exam but it looked super uncomfortable. I think she was more pissed off about being held down! Luckily it was short!
  • That makes me feel better thanks ladies! I was shocked it was so quick!
  • Less than one minute!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • At least they are quick exams. Still not easy to go thru. Hope all turns out well. Keep me posted @wallce323
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"