Preemies
Options

NICU mom check-in! 9/23

How many weeks pregnant when your baby/babies were delivered? Weight & length, if you'd like to share!

How long have they been in the NICU?

Milestones, setbacks, goals, etc?

How are you holding up?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: NICU mom check-in! 9/23

• Options
    How many weeks pregnant when your baby/babies were delivered? Weight & length, if you'd like to share!

Twin boys, delivered via c-sec at 30 weeks. 3lbs 6oz 16" and 3lbs 3oz 16.25". Currently, Vincent weighs 4lbs 2oz and Dominic weighs 4lbs 4oz.

4 weeks on Wed!

Vincent is doing great! He is taking full feeds, starting to take some of his feedings by bottle, growing quickly! He will probably be home in 2-4 weeks!

Dominic was just transferred to a bigger hospital an hour away. He was diagnosed with Hirschsprung's disease. He will need surgery at some point but they are trying to avoid it until he is bigger. Only time will tell and I feel like so much time has already passed. I'm not going to allow myself to go there. I am trying to remain optimistic, I am certainly hopeful, but mostly I'm skeptical and anxious. He isn't pooping, he can't be fed until he poops. Just fix my baby already so we can towards coming home!

How are you holding up?

Really, really well under the circumstsnces! LOL

The baby with all the hair is Dominic. The baldy is Vincent. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    New to premie board. Hope it's ok to check in. I'll do an intro on separate thread.

Babies born at 27 weeks. Beckett was 2lbs. Caitlyn was 1 lb 13 oz. 13 in long each.

They have been in NICU for 60 hours.

I'm holding up ok. Katie has had a rough couple days. She has been in 3 vents and seems to be tolerating this last one the best. She has been stable for 12 hours which is huge for us so far. Beck may be off the vent in 12-24 hours and taking my BM through feeding tube in 24-48 hours. Both have been on photo therapy.

I'm being released in 10 hours. Part of me is ready to leave hospital because I've been here for 2 weeks, but I don't want to leave them here.

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rkcaraway- big hugs sweets! It is so hard. It does get better! You'll be surprised how quickly your babies make progress! I'm here if you have any questions or need a shoulder! ;)

Congrats on your little ones!
  • Options
    Good morning NICU mommas!

We've been in the NICU for 52 days. Elliott was born at 30 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP. She was 2-3 and 14.5" long. She's now 4-14 and 17" long! She's growing like a weed :)

She's still on the stupid oxygen and sits at about 30% constantly. It's sore frustrating bc I feel like by now she should be off it. She's taking every other feed by bottle and besides desatting a little, does well! Has labs drawn this morning to check h&h to see if another transfusion is necessary. She had one two weeks ago and it helped her hemoglobin a bit, but not a ton.

We're becoming increasingly frustrated and exhausted. I'm sick of fielding questions of "when will she go home" and "oh she's almost 5lb she must be ready to leave soon". No people!! It doesn't work that way!!! I'm also sickof people telling us that she'll be ok and in a few months this will be over. Doesn't help me now.

Sorry, it's been a rough week...thanks for letting me vent :) For your troubles, Elliott after her first swaddle bath!
  • Options
    Ella is now today 34w2d. Born at 29w4d. (However my OB has different dates then the hospital and they each refuse to agree-OB has LO born at 30w0d). Anyways- I've covered that topic a million times!
    LO was born at 3lbs 1oz. 15.5 inches. She is now 17.5inches and 4lbs 5oz.
    NICU day 33.
    Spontaneous PPROM, no infection no issues of any kind. Did have prior history of PTL due to IC a few weeks before delivery but still unknown as to why. Very scary.
    We are getting very close to out going home countdown. I am nervous. Had her first ROP exam today and we were told "normal-repeat 2 weeks". Has her hearing test on the 29th and a head ultrasound before we go home. All of which are standard in our NICU.
    I am holding up ok. I am positive for our LO. She makes me stronger everyday seeing her progress and be such a little rock star.
    I never thought I would love anything as much as I love her.
  • Options

My Lucas was born at 30 weeks 1 day on 9-4-13, he is 16" long and currently 3 lbs 13 oz.  He has been gaining fast in the last week but not as well last night due to a medication he is on.

Since the 4th.

He was transferred this week to another hospital so he can be looked at closely by Neurosurgeons because of his IVH and swelling of ventricles.  So far he is stable and they are trying a medication before they make the call to have surgery.  We hope and pray that the medication works.  

How are you holding up?

I am doing much better than the day he was transferred.  The waiting game is rough, and new NICU is busier and twice as far away.  Just praying he doesn't need surgery and everything turns out better than expected.  
  • Options
    35 weeks 3 pounds 10 ounces severe iugr

4 weeks
    We were supposed to go home 4 times already each got cancelled. She is bradying and choking more now with feeds and always with vitamins.

How are you holding up?
    I had a complete meltdown yesterday and almost strangled the resident who had the nerve to guilt trip me about sending her in an ambulance if something were to happen at home. All I did yesterday was cry.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    This is my first time to this board. I was 32 weeks when I had Connor. He was born on the 23rd, so it's been 5 days. I had been put on bed rest due on the 20th due to high BP.

He was 4 lbs, 0 oz and 16.5 inches. He lost some weight after the first day, but they said it was to be expected. Today, he weighed 3 lbs, 15 oz. He's been doing really well. He's finished with his IV's so there's nothing sticking out of his head anymore. He's progressing with the bottle feedings, some days he'll take it, some he won't. I got to start breastfeeding yesterday. He takes to it, but it wears him out after about 15 minutes. The doctor wants to make sure he's able to eat without the feeding tube before he comes home.

I'm doing well for the most part. I'm kind of glad I have at least another week or so to get everything ready. Nothing was done and he came so suddenly, but I'm ready to have him home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"