April 2014 Moms
Options

Help, Anyone else have shortness of breath??

Just sitting at my desk tonight at work, not even moving around too much and it's very hard to catch my breath... Getting overheated then cold again, wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I'm about 11 weeks.. Should I go to ER after work just to be safe? My OB office is closed right now. Figured id get you fine ladies opinions before I overreact, FTM here!!
Thank you!

Re: Help, Anyone else have shortness of breath??

• Options
    When you say its hard to catch your breath are you struggling for oxygen or just feel like you walked up a flight of stairs? There's a big difference. If you feel like its hard to breath/struggling for air, then I would say yes, go in. If you just feel winded and hot, I probably wouldn't. I would call a nurses line though.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    It's completely normal to be hot and short of breathe at this stage. Your body is pumping 40-50% more blood through your body so it has to work twice as hard to do everything. The hormones don't help with lightheadedness either. Try drinking some water, it is the fastest way to bring your heartrate down and see how you feel. If you feel like you absolutely cannot breathe I would call the on-call doc but I don't think a trip to the ER may be necessary.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This also sounds like symptoms of a panic attack. Are you stressed?
  • Options
    No not stressed, not a panic attack. I've felt like I've just walked up a flight of stairs for a couple days now And tonight it seems to have gotten a little worse. I know there's more blood, so I'm sure that's just it but I wasn't sure if this was a big concern or not or to just get used to it! Haha thank you ladies, I'll try to find a nurse line to call!
  • Options
    I feel like a ran a marathon just getting out of bed in the morning ;)

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    I have trouble catching my breath and getting overheated at least once a day now. It's always worse when I eat too much.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    At work walking from the office to my classroom feels like running a mile.. It sounds normal, but I'd take the advice previously given and call a nurse line
  • Options
    I get short of breath at random times. Walking around my house, for example. Or standing up. My doc said it's normal, caused (if I remember correctly) by us producing more blood, and our hearts having to work harder to pump it. So it feels like when we're out if breath and exercising. It doesn't help that I haven't worked out in a month either. :)
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    Out of breath totally. Its also easy when you focus on being out of breath to get a bit panicked about it. So, I try not to worry too much!
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options
    As I've said before, DH and I have a 3 story house and the kitchen and everything are on first floor. Of course the bedroom has to be on the third. I get winded a lot. I'm thinking of temporarily moving our bedroom to the guest room on the first floor. Lol but as PP have said, it's probably just a babygrowin thing. But there's no harm in calling someone if you think your case is different. Everyone's is. :)
  • Options
    For me that is normal for me, mostly because of medical issues, although ever since I got pregnant it has been significantly worst. My OB told me it was normal. 
    June A14 siggy challenge: Best TV Dad
    Maes Hughes- FMA
  • Options
    I have shortness of breath and dizziness.  The Dr's told me its low blood pressure which is normal at this stage.  I'm at 12 weeks.  They just said to drink more water.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"