TTC after 35

RE update

Just had our 6-mo follow-up with the RE last week, and we're going ahead with IVF now. Will start with next CD1. Have already done HSG, but need to re-do some bloodwork, as well as do a saline sonogram, uterine doppler blood-flow study, and mock transfer. We could be transferring as early as 1st week of December, looks like. We're talking to the benefits/financial coordinator tomorrow, to find out what's covered. We're very fortunate that our insurance does cover IVF but there's a lifetime cap on expenditures, and we're waiting to learn where we stand with that. Fingers still crossed for "au naturel" this month, but we all know those are on the long side.

Debating CCS, the comprehensive chromosome screening. Seems like it would be a good idea, but it adds about $7k (!!!) to the cost. But if we're only going to do it once...I don't know. The doc said they're launching a study that is pretty much perfectly timed, that will knock $2-3k off the CCS fees, tho, so that brings it down to...well, still a lot, but less.

Hope everyone is doing well. We just celebrated our first anniversary, and have been doing lots of fun stuff (a night at the hotel where we got married, lots of hikes, a trip to our favorite out-of-town brewery that we included in our engagement photo shoot) related to that! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RE update

  • Happy anniversary!!

    I don't have any IVF advice or knowledge, but just wanted to say that I hope the process goes smoothly for you. Best wishes.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

  • sounds like you have a good plan!  Keep us posted!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

    Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

     IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!


  • Loading the player...
  • congrats on having a plan and good luck moving forward!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Good Luck!

    My Ovulation Chart

    Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

    May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

    May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

    February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

    SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

    Miscarriage 4/23/15


  • Good luck!

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Good luck to you and Happy Anniversary!

    ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

    DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!



         image   imageimage

  • Happy anniversary and good luck! We are progressing to IVF as well. I just started BC pills last week and I start stim shots on October 1st. We are doing PGD. I don't know what the difference between that and CCS is, but I know PGD will identify chromosomal abnormalities. PGD is costing us $4500. I live in a very high cost of living area (outside of NYC) so that is on the higher end of the price range. I just thought I'd mention it as it may be worth asking questions about. FX that this will be your month and you won't have to pursue IVF after all.

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards