Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Entertaining a toddler on the plane advice?

LO and I are experienced flier's. She is around two years old and has moved into being a little person. I am no longer just entertaining a baby. I was curious what worked and what didn't work for you on the plane. LO is obsessed with coloring and reading books, but last time we were on a plane she wanted nothing to do with either of those.  We are flying jetblue this time, but i dont expect her to pay attention to the tv for more than a few minutes at her age.

Re: Entertaining a toddler on the plane advice?

• Options
    Just got back from some plane travel with my 2 and a half year old. Sticker books and snacks were the favourites. She also liked books on one of the trips, but not the other, so I wouldn't give up on the books just because she didn't like them before. I also brought a deck of memory cards that she could make matches from - she loves stuff like that!
  • Options
    DS loved having his own little TV and watch it until he passed out with his headphones on (the over the ear ones).  That was when we flew with him at around 2 years old. We were flying at night so he was pretty mellow in the first place. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thank you!!! I completely overlooked stickers!
  • Options
    My DD was/is still fascinated with the safety brochures in the back of the seat pocket. The magnadoodle also keeps her pretty busy.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Ours rejects stickers but still enjoys the magnadoodle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Variety was key for us last time we traveled with our daughter.  I packed a bag with coloring books, plane-themed stickers, a toy airplane, a few small skills toys, etc.  As long as we rotated frequently, she was happy. 
  • Options
    We use our kindke with apps, give her a pen to draw in the airline mags(she loves it because its new), a deck of cards, and baby wipes. She loved cleaning everything aroundher. I've also brought a little thing of scotch tape and pulled off pieces which she put all over the place. It was a little bit to pickup though.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Options
    DD loves books but she is rarely interested in them on the plane. I bring crayons or pencils, an empty notebook for coloring and stickers. She uses my iPad for "movies" (short kid shows) and I have some snacks for her. That usually keeps her plenty happy. We fly a lot including overseas and I finally quit packing too much stuff, most of the time she really didn't care about most o the things. And even on the overseas flights she doesn't sleep a lot (a whole whopping 3 hours on our overnight 8 hour flight last week ) but she is usually content with the limited supplies I bring. The magazines on the plane are usually good for a little entertainment as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"