March 2013 Moms

Wake ups at 6 months

Anyone else's babies start waking up more around 6 months? At around 4.5 months we did CIO because of waking up every 45 minutes. It was tough but worked great after just a couple nights. Sometimes he'd sleep 8+ hours sometimes would wake up once to feed.

For the past 2 weeks almost he's been waking up about three times during the night, sometimes every two hours. He's not really eating much when I nurse him. Just starts to fall asleep a minute or so after.

Should I implement cio again? Do you have to keep going back to it all the time? I really don't want to keep having to do it often

**he has a tooth that's already come in but he's not acting bothered at all since it came in. And I know the 6 month growth spurt could be the case but he's not eating when I nurse him.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Wake ups at 6 months

• I'd see if it works itself out. He could be working on some sort of cognitive leap. Our DD just figured out how to move her arms to crawl and now it's all her little baby brain can think of. Her naps kind of suck and she gets up (but isn't crying, just pacing her crib)

Give it a week and see if you notice him making any sort of physical mental or social leap
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • We are having the same issue, these babies sure like to keep us on our toes! I blamed it on a trip we took to visit my brother 3 weeks ago, my LO started waking up 3-5 times a night again. Then we all caught a cold and that didn't help. Now for the last couple days he was back to 1-2 wake ups and I'm hoping this week is even better but we'll see. We have not tried CIO before but if this week doesn't go well I think my husband might push to try it. What did you do last time for CIO?

• Loading the player...
  • lars1226 said:

We are having the same issue, these babies sure like to keep us on our toes! I blamed it on a trip we took to visit my brother 3 weeks ago, my LO started waking up 3-5 times a night again. Then we all caught a cold and that didn't help. Now for the last couple days he was back to 1-2 wake ups and I'm hoping this week is even better but we'll see. We have not tried CIO before but if this week doesn't go well I think my husband might push to try it. What did you do last time for CIO?

I tried a few days of checking on him in increments only to realize that that makes him more worked up. So we didn't check on him. The first night he went for 45 minutes, 2nd night 15, 3rd 10, and then not even five every night. It was really tough but it worked. He was a much happier baby during the baby because he got sleep!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are having the same trouble.  DD is taking a serious interest in crawling (like I think it is pretty imminent) and I think that is setting her back in other areas.  I just want to sleep again though!
  • We haven't slept through the night yer. Ever. I'm actually starting to wonder if he ever will. Last night was awesome bc he only woke up once, but he's usually up twice. We go to the ped for our 6 month checkup next week and I'm curious if she thinks he still needs to eat twice at night. I just can't wait to wake up feeling refreshed! We keep laughing that as soon as this I've sleeps through the night, ill be getting pregnant again! I'm hoping that's not the case since I don't intend on getting pregnant till this one is 2, but at this rate, that's when he'll be STTN.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are going through this as well. I'm blaming teething and his new rolling abilities. He will move around and then scream, but never did that before. He's been sttn since basically 2 months so this has been weird fir us. Bonus though, if he wakes in motn he sleeps in later for me.
  • We are having the same issue, these babies sure like to keep us on our toes! I blamed it on a trip we took to visit my brother 3 weeks ago, my LO started waking up 3-5 times a night again. Then we all caught a cold and that didn't help. Now for the last couple days he was back to 1-2 wake ups and I'm hoping this week is even better but we'll see. We have not tried CIO before but if this week doesn't go well I think my husband might push to try it. What did you do last time for CIO?

I tried a few days of checking on him in increments only to realize that that makes him more worked up. So we didn't check on him. The first night he went for 45 minutes, 2nd night 15, 3rd 10, and then not even five every night. It was really tough but it worked. He was a much happier baby during the baby because he got sleep!

My son was the same way, ironically, letting him hash it out by himself was *more* nice than torturing him since he somehow figured out what the increments were and went bananas if we didn't check on him when he thought.  The increments don't work on some clever babies.  We haven't ST'd DD yet, but shes been wakng up still twice a night :(
    Thanks for the info ladies! My husband keeps saying we will have to ST eventually and he's probably right but this week has been better, so we can put it off for now. Hope you and your babies are sleeping better too!
  • My LO has only sttn a few random times. I am anxiously awaiting for that time to come. That being said, he usually wakes up once between 2 - 4 am to nurse. Since we took our two week trip, he has randomly been waking up at 1 and then around 5 to nurse. I literally could cry those nights! He has been working on crawling. He rocks back and forth on his hands and knees but doesn't know what to do with his hands. I just tell myself it's only a season. He naps well and I get to stay home so I am grateful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"