Secondary IF
Options

I have arthritis (sort of a running thread)

I found out a few weeks ago that the pain I've been having in my feet for the past 6 months is arthritis.  Fucking arthritis (sorry about the swearing, but here's the thing, I swear a lot.  Sorry again.). 

I just turned 35 this summer, which as we all know so well is the age where your eggs shrivel up and die according to doctors.  So not only do I have that going for me, but now I have fucking arthritis, which will require orthotics (how old am I?), cortisone shots, and eventually surgery.

I just ran a 10 mile race today and even after icing both feet for 20 minutes and wearing my orthotics, I'm limping around.  I think I need to call to get the cortisone shots (though I've heard horror stories).

Anyone able to commiserate on getting old in general, or cortisone shots specifically?

TTC #2 since 1/2012

Re: I have arthritis (sort of a running thread)

• Options
    Ouch!!! :( it sounds painful!! Put those feet up.

I know doctors say eggs go down hill at 35 but, I don't 100% agree with that (however I did not graduate from Med school) so I don't know that I'm qualified to disagree with it. But, I think it is something that is spoon fed to women without a second thought.

I'm only 27 but, I feel old all the time :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    edited September 2013

Awe, im sorry darlin! I hope whatever route you take gives you relief. I can sympathize with you on the pain, (although I don't have arthritis) Im in physical therapy twice a week for my back! Im only 24, & it really sucks not being able to keep up with my family and even more so when my 6 year old tells me I walk like "Nana" -_- lol...  Going from being a really active person to almost a dead stop is so frustrating. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

EDIT: Spelling

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry... I can't really comment too much on it.  I know it sounds old but a lot of people get arthritis.  My grandma has it pretty bad, and she looks forward to her shots because it helps her feel better.  

P.S. I love it that you swear a lot. So do I. 
    :P

• Options

I am so sorry... I can't really comment too much on it.  I know it sounds old but a lot of people get arthritis.  My grandma has it pretty bad, and she looks forward to her shots because it helps her feel better.  

P.S. I love it that you swear a lot. So do I. 
    :P
    Me too!
    Like a fucking sailor :D I could get very colorful if I wanted to but, I refrain.

Plus my kid is learning to talk. It would be bad if he started telling people to go to hell and eat dicks.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    Stupid bodies!  I don't know anything about cortisone shots but I regularly feel like my body got old on me overnight. Dizziness is the main thing that has gotten me recently.  I never used to get dizzy this easily.  Now a couple rounds of ring around the rosies and I feel light-headed, and heaven forbid I try to look to the side while swinging with my kid of the swingset.  DH and one of my coworkers have complained about this as well, so it appears to be something that comes with age but this was not one of the things I expected to come with age.  How am I ever going to ride on amusement park rides with my kid when he's older?
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"