Postpartum Depression

Sad

I have towards the end of my first pregnancy. We went through infertility and finally got pregnant with IVF. So this journey has been long and emotional. Is it normal to feel sad that's it's almost over? I do want to let them out. I enjoy ultrasounds, preparing for their arrival, and feeling them kick and move around inside me. But I'm sad to think it's almost over. I'm not ready for it to be over! I'm afraid that this may be the only time I will feel pregnancy or have a human life grow inside me; because without fertility assistance we can't get pregnant on our own. I'm not sure if we will get lucky again or if if will be affordable at the next go around. Is it normal for me to feel like this? Or is this a red flag as to what is to come? Thank you!

Re: Sad

• I should have read before posting. Sorry I meant to day I don't want to let them out. I want them to stay put. ;)
  • I would say what your experiencing right now is normal.  I'd feel the same even if I wasn't ever diagnosed with PPD.  

Try to enjoy every little moment as best as you can and once your LO's come you will be overjoyed with love for them these feelings will probably get better.  They may never go away b/c you may want to go through another pregnancy, but having your children will make it better.

If things get really bad several weeks after delivery, I'd then speak to someone about your feelings.  If it makes you feel better so speak up about what your feeling now, then do so.  It won't hurt.

Good luck and congrats on your LO's!  I'm assuming it's two b/c you keep saying "them."  That is awesome!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Loading the player...
  • Yep to little miracles. Thank you for your support! I will take note of feelings after birth and see how I feel. Good to know what I'm feeling is normal at this point. Thank you again!
  • I was very sad towards the end. I cherished every last moment I had while pregnant. Even while I was pushing I said I didn't want her to come out an I refused to push but thank goodness your body will take control and push on its own. I surprisingly don't miss being pregnant anymore. I just miss my belly! If your Lo's are here I hope you're enjoying them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"