March 2013 Moms

Spoon feeding

So Jake has been cleared for solids (fruits and veggies) and DH and I are prepared with some homemade pureés. Only problem is, he doesn't really seem to know what to do with the spoon when we put it to his mouth. Is there something we can do to introduce the spoon to him, or is it just too early (meaning he's not ready for it yet)? Should we start him on finger foods first? What have you ladies tried that has worked?

Re: Spoon feeding

• We are doing BLW. Basically finger foods from the start and DS feeds himself. He's been doing great, and even the first time was putting everything in his mouth, biting, chewing, etc. I wasn't even sure he ate anything until I saw his diaper =P There are supposed to be benefits to BLW. It's also pretty fun to watch, easy (no purée prep), and we can all eat at the same time.
  • I'm also in the BLW camp, and loving it so far.  It's amazing how they seem to already know what to do with food!  I would highly recommend it if you aren't having luck with spoon feeding.  I read the book on BLW and it really convinced me it was the way to go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to check into BLW.  The few times we have tried puree's she makes this awful face and gagging sound like she hates literally everying lol.  Going at her pace seems to be a better idea.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• it could also be the puree type.  my LO made an ewwww face when he tried pears and prunes.  he LOVES apples, peas and banana.   he doesn't care either way for sweet potato or squash.  he is also more interested in the food if i am eating at the same time.   
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"