Multiples
Options

Using the same name

I've seen it mentioned on here before but I'm curious what, if anything, people do about it.  DD2 started calling her sister "Talia" (her name is Natalia).  Now DD1 calls DD2 Talia (we call her Livy, her name is Olivia).  I know it's normal and we just say "no silly, you're Talia!  She's Livy".  Anything else we can/should do?  Or is this just normal until they get older (they're 20 months for those on mobile).  It's not a big deal, though they're ID so it just makes life even more confusing for family and friends who still can't tell them apart :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Using the same name

• Options
    I think it's normal! My girls did it too for a few weeks/months, but they are all straightened out now! It's kind of cute!
    Daisypath imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I think it's normal too. My boys both called each other "Aiya" (which sounds more like one boy's name than the other) for a little while at first. It was cute.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Alright, thanks.  I figured it was no big deal.  It's amusing to me and I think it's cute but it drives my dad nuts because he can't tell them apart anyway and this confuses him even more.  When they're older and get it right I'll probably tell them to use the wrong names around him anyway just to mess with him
    ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My three girls are Maggie / Sarah / Naomi.

Naomi is the social butterfly who "controlled" :-) the friends at pre school.

The friends thought all three girls names were "my-nomi"

Haha. It was hillarious. As they got older they all got it straightened out :-)
    Dee
    DS - 40W6D - Oct 2004
    DS - 41W4D - March 2007
    GGG - 33W6D - July 2008
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My boys had their names mixed up for a long time. It worked itself out.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hunter22Hunter22 member
    edited September 2013
    My girls did it a lot at 20 months, the teachers thought they were doing it on purpose (I wouldn't put it past them). They are now 2 and 2 months and still do it occasionally but 95% of the time they say the right name.

ETA: They are identical so of course it increased confusion
  • Options
    I am glad to hear mine aren't the only ones doing this! My girls are 20 months as well and have been calling each other the same name for months. If I ask Anna her name or she sees herself in a mirror she always calls herself Laura. I thought it was kind of cute but have also been a little concerned about identity issues. This post is reassuring :).
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    My cousins, ID twin boys, started calling each other Darryl around 4-5 yrs old. Their names are Michael and Eric. It was funny though because after awhile we just started playing into it and calling them Darryl and at least one of them, if not both, would respond.
  • Options
    I think this is so cute! My girls are only 3 mos but I can't wait for them to start interacting with each other.
    My 2 yo son refuses to acknowledge one of the twins. Right now they are both Evie. And even if they are side by side, he'll say "hi Evie!", then just "no." to Penelope. We thought it was bc Penelope is hard to say, but we've tried all kinds of nicknames and its still just "no". Poor P.
  • Options
    My kids thought their names were JonMatt and MattJon for the longest time.  No big deal.  They might try to play the switch-a-roo now but it's difficult since they are 8 and fraternal :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"