C-sections
Options

Sore Muscle Feeling

I just had a RCS 3 weeks ago and I have a 21 month old son also. Hubby is back at work and I've had to lift 21 month old who weighs 32 pounds WAY more than any doctor would ever approve of. I am so scared I'm going to land myself in the hospital or something. I am totally freaking out and I don't know if this is normal at all. Help?

Re: Sore Muscle Feeling

• Options
    You need to stop picking him up- easier said than done I imagine. But you aren't supposed to lift anything heavier than your new born until your 6 wk check up. Those muscles need to heal! You had major surgery!

Are your parents or DH's parents around to help?
  • Options
    hls19 said:

You need to stop picking him up- easier said than done I imagine. But you aren't supposed to lift anything heavier than your new born until your 6 wk check up. Those muscles need to heal! You had major surgery!

Are your parents or DH's parents around to help?

I agree my son is a skiny boy but the doctor clearly told me not to even think about picking him up. It was the hardest thing to do specially when he just wanted to be held by me, but think about your recovery you do want to end up back at the hospital and you don't want your recovery to be harder and longer.. Good luck !!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've tried to get extra help but my mom is not helpful at all and just criticizes me and DH's mom has kind of made it clear that she's not interested in helping us out. So blah.

The soreness is definitely getting worse. I am going to call my doctor on Monday. I have removed my toddlers booster seat from the table and he now knows he has to eat at his kid table, so that has eliminated a lot of lifting.

I've been doing painkillers all day but haven't been able to catch a nap so tonight will be awful.

Thank you for letting me whine here!
  • Options
    I'm sorry that is such a hard situation!! I hope it gets easier and better soon

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a 20 month old and understand what you are going through...they are still babies too really and don't understand not being held or picked up. It has been the worst part of my recovery by far. I haven't moticed a sore muscle feeling after lifting 30 lb DD, but do notice increased bright red bleeding every time accompanied by sharp twinges of pain.

A few things that might help if you haven't already tried are to sit on the floor and have them come to your lap there to snuggle, play, do bedtime book, or do diaper changes. Shoe them your "boo-boo" and explain that is why you need them to go up the stairs on their own, etc. I was surprised how much DD actually seemed like she understood and responded to when I talked to her about it. GL and try to rest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Well my OB has offered an ultrasound for me. :/ I will keep you all updated.

It is truly amazing though how much he does understand!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"