October 2013 Moms
Options

36 week ultrasound

I has my 36 week ultrasound, today. DS2 is measuring at 39 weeks and already weighs 7lbs 4oz. I have to have a repeat c-section, due to several abdominal surgeries. I am scheduled for delivery on Oct. 9th. He is finally head down but still sitting very high. The ultrasound tech asked me if I have gestational diabetes (I don't) because he is measuring so large. DS1 was c-section at 39 weeks and weighed 8lbs 12oz. She said I must just have big babies!!!! Lol nice.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 36 week ultrasound

• Options
    I wouldn't consider either of those "big babies." DS was born at 38w2d and was 7 lbs 14 ozs, and he was average.
  • Options
    KuhaBaby said:

I wish that my doctors office would give me an untra sound. They don't after 20 weeks and I would just love to see the difference in how he looks after 16 weeks have gone by.

Honestly, the ultrasounds at the later weeks are no where near as detailed! It's kind of disappointing! They are just so large and squished the detail is really much less than at 20 weeks! It's still awesome to see LO, but you aren't missing out on too much!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jalee85 said:

KuhaBaby said:

I wish that my doctors office would give me an untra sound. They don't after 20 weeks and I would just love to see the difference in how he looks after 16 weeks have gone by.

Honestly, the ultrasounds at the later weeks are no where near as detailed! It's kind of disappointing! They are just so large and squished the detail is really much less than at 20 weeks! It's still awesome to see LO, but you aren't missing out on too much!

Agree! I've been getting them the last couple appointments to check fluid levels and baby is always so squished you can't get a real good look of anything anyway
  • Options
    Yea my 36wk one was kinda boring. Baby was so low and her face is right on my placenta so we weren't able to get a good look at her face. We'll just have to wait till she's here in 2 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"