December 2010 Moms

*mands*

I'd tag you but I can't remember the numbers in your sn...
Anyway, if you're still around I have a nutrition question for you:
My mom had a stroke a few weeks ago and now that she's on the hard core blood thinners she needs to keep track of her vitamin K intake.  But she's having a really hard time finding good info.  It's not reported on a lot of labels and even raw foods (like fruits and veggies - which she knows contains K) she can't seem to find good, consistent info.  Do you have any recommendations for books, websites, or apps for her to use?  She saw a nutritionist at the hospital but she was a B and really didn't help (she was all focused on fat intake - my mom is very active and healthy so her weight is not the major issue, it's her blood that's a problem)

(if any of you lurkers know mands full sn would you tag her for me?  TIA)

since this is a nutrition question - no cookies for you - but here's some fruit pizza

image   image

Re: *mands*

• Thanks. She's doing really well, they finally got her stabilized with the Coumadin shots last week so she's switched to the pills. I know they're still doing regular draws to check the pill dose (2-3days).

She does well at home keeping consistant but is so nervous about eating out or making something new.

For example, she knows she shouldn't have extra spinach but wondered if spinach pasta was ok or if it would be too much.

A list would be great. I'll pm you my email address.

Thanks again!

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"