Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Lo feeding themselves?

MYRNALOYMYRNALOY member
edited September 2013 in Babies: 9 - 12 Months
My girl is just two days shy of 10months and refuses to feed herself. Sure, she grabs at the spoon to make a mess but it goes nowhere near her mouth, mostly hits the floor ( she loves to throw things!). Finger foods she will stare at and maybe hold it but nothing more. Sipee-cup in use but she will not hold it, that's my job as we'll. I know she will get it eventually, and am only impatient, not frustrated, by it. Anyone else's lo in the same boat?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Re: Lo feeding themselves?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DD sometimes holds her sippy by herself but a lot of the time it's my job as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is us too although she hates the spoon too. Shevwill do a straw cup only.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • I didn't even TRY a sippy or straw cup with DD until she was like 11 months old -- and when I did, she mastered it in about 10 minutes, and she never looked twice at a bottle again. What's the rush?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Have you tried to feed her using your fingers?  Yes its messy but kind of fun.  My lo also thinks it is so funny to watch me eat with my fingers as well- monkey see, monkey do- so anything i can eat with my fingers I try to do so if he is watching.
  • It took DD practice to hold her sippy cup and bottle by herself. It took practice for her to eat finger foods by herself too. I know it's frustrating but she will get it.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I really don't rush my Emma either but she seems to have no interest in finger food which is fine but when you put something in her mouth other that baby food she gags enough to throw up. What do I do? I figure it is a texture thing but how do I make it go away? She likes her sippy and is pretty good at it which is good because that is where it is easy for me to slip in a little bit of prune juice if needed.

We see the Pedi tomorrow and I plan on asking what to do but I am afraid she will have a texture issue always.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"