Multiples
Options

Clomid twins ... Then fertility drugs again?

My twins were conceived via clomid and iui. My doctor suggested if we wanted to try for a third, he would prescribe femara as it has a lower date of conceiving multiples. Has anyone experienced this? I'm finding a lot of conflicting information about multiples and femara.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clomid twins ... Then fertility drugs again?

• Options
    Femara and injectables got us our boys.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    I tried both clomid and femera with IUI and I produced around the same number if follicles on both drugs. Ultimately I think it just depends how your body responds, everyone is different.
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Femara didn't help me get pregnant, but I believe that in 3 out of 4 Femara cycles I had more than one mature follicle. At least one time I had 3.

I have heard that Femara has a lower chance of multiples than Clomid does, but I've just heard that on the boards here. My RE never made mention of it, nor did I read it in a reputable source, etc.

Good luck!
    imageimage

• Options
    You can definitely still end up with twins by using Femara.  I think the best way to avoid it again would be to only have sex or IUI that cycle if you see no more than 1 follicle developing. 
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• Options
    Yup, I am expecting my boy/girl twins from femara (clomid thinned my lining too much) and injectables. However, I didn't produce more than one follicle until we started the injectables. That being said, I also had three failed IUI's before we started them.
    BFP #1 on 12/15/11 but missed m/c with d&c on 2/1/12.
    BFP #2 on 5/1/13 = boy/girl TWINS with EDD of 1/3/14 but expected no later than 12/20/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"