August 2011 Moms

Hand, Foot and Mouth

Ugh, I think Ds1 has it. He was super cranky the last couple of days but I thought it was just teething. He started school two weeks ago so I'm guessing that is where he got it. He has red bumps on hands, legs and bum. I don't see anything in his mouth yet but he tells me it hurts. How long does this last? Will the bumps get worse before they get better? I'm also afraid DS2 will catch it, poor little guy. Any other advice?

Re: Hand, Foot and Mouth

• Oh no.....I believe eesome dealt with HFM. I just hope your LO gets better soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I had hand foot and mouth, but it was literally only hand foot and mouth that were effected. Not my wrist, not my ankle,....so maybe it is something else? And I got it while DD1 was only 3 months, but she never got it so maybe your other kid is safe?
  • Loading the player...
  • We just got back from doc and it is HFM. He should be better by Monday, hopefully. She said DS2 should be fine because they still have mom's antibodies until 6 months and he's breastfeeding too. I told the preschool because they asked me to call after and the woman got all defensive about it. She said, "well, he was only here one day that's weird he'd get it that quick." Um....he's been there three days and I kept him home Tuesday and today, so he hasn't been there or anywhere else really in a week. She also told me earlier they thought another girl had it. I'm a little annoyed by that conversation but whatever. I don't even care where he got it but I don't want to be blamed. They are putting notes in everyone's backpacks today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"