Adoption
Options

Agency recommendations in Colorado.

My husband and I are just starting out our search for an agency. I have two question the first being any recommendations on agency's in Colorado? The second being what makes an agency better? What factors go into that. Thanks

Re: Agency recommendations in Colorado.

• Options
    I don't have any recommendations for specific agencies in Colorado... what I can say is that when looking at agencies we wanted to find one that was a Christian foundation, one that would support the birth parents and adoptee for their lifetime, we wanted a place that communicated on a timely basis with us etc. We had some values that were a deal breaker for us. When we made our decision on which agency to go with they fit us in every aspect! 
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Hello, and welcome. unfortunately, I can't recommend any agencies in Colorado, but wanted to let you know that The Complete Idiot's Guide to Adoption has at least an entire chapter dedicated to answering your second question. It discusses how to look for an ethical agency in line with your priorities and has scores of questions you can use (and add to) when researching agencies. I would have been lost without it as a starting place.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"