Potty Training

Running around and freaking out while having to poop?

So my son has been potty trained for about 7 months or so.  He took to it right away, minimal accidents, no diapers once we started kind of deal.  Not even at night.  So, needless to say, we've had a very easy time with it.  Recently I am noticing him having a minor meltdown every time he has to poop.  Today he ran around yelling "Ah!  Ah!" over and over.  When I told him that if he had to go potty, he should get on the potty soon instead of being upset, he said no.  So I told him I'd help him and plopped him onto the potty and he cried and promptly got off.  Then he ran around screaming again and finally stopped.  Then after a few minutes of acting normal he screamed and yelled "I went poop!"  Lucky for me, I was able to run him to the potty, but he did, indeed poop.  He's never done this!  Any ideas? Can I do anything to help the poor little guy?
Little Man 1.8.11
Freshie Girl 9.29.12

Re: Running around and freaking out while having to poop?

• Oh man, I could have written this post myself. We have had issues like this for months now...DS has been 'pee' trained since July but ever since around August he has not made it to the potty for a poop. He ends up going in his pants or in his pull up at night. I even switched him to wear no pull up at night and not only did he go- but it was a HUGE mess. Being a working mom of two small kids, I just don't have the fight in me. We basically gave up for now- hoping with time and maturity he'll get it eventually. He runs around panicked when he feels the urge and will freak out if I put him on the potty. No rewards or distracting works any longer. I have no other ideas on how to get him to poop on the potty- hence why we have sort of given up for the moment. Good luck- sorry this isn't too helpful, just telling you that you aren't alone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"