TTC after 35
Options

feeling old

This girl I went to high school with posted a pic of her newborn grand baby on facebook the other day.  Wow I feel old.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised because I grew up in an area where people often have children young.  I figured you ladies would understand how crazy this seems to me.
Me: 37                                               
DH: 45
BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

Re: feeling old

• Options
    I don't judge someone in their situation if they won't judge mine. What I've learned is we all have our own timeframes on things like marriage and kids. If they're okay with me having my first at 40 I'm okay with their path too!
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Options
    I get it....here I am trying to have a third child when my sister (11 yrs older) has five grandbabies - the youngest being six years old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not judging.  It is just hard for me to wrap my brain around!  My parents and 68 and 70 and don't have any grandkids yet.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    I get it too! My husband has 2 grown step children from his first marriage.  They are older because his first wife was quite a bit older than him and she had them relatively young. 

One of them is getting married in about 8 months. They keep talking about having kids of their own.  I try and let it pass by without affecting me however deep inside it burns that I don't even have a child of my own while the next generation is preparing to have theirs. 

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Options
    Oh okay sorry! I thought that because you said it seems crazy. I just don't want ppl judging me for being an older mom so I'm giving plenty of room for everyone's choices!
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Options
    I get it OP : ) I was pregnant earlier this year (had 10 wk m/c in May) and during that time, dh's brother and wife became grandparents and my friend from high school announced that her married ds is going to be a father. Plus, I already have kids ranging from 20-10 years old lol. My oldest is the age I was when I was pregnant with him haha.
  • Options
    I totally understand. Same thing. My hometown people have babies young too. My grandmother was one at 35. I too have friends who are grandparents. I'm now 37 and still hoping that I will be one someday too. BUT I've had a lot of fun in my life that many, if not all, of them were never able to experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"