Multiples
Options

My twins are here at 33w1d!!!

JGior1031JGior1031 member
edited September 2013 in Multiples
It was a huge surprise and a little dramatic but in the end perfection!
Last Tuesday, 9/10, I was admitted to the hospital for what they thought was preeclampsia. Turned out it wasn't preeclampsia, it was a few other medical issues coupled together that were making me very sick. Thankfully the twins were phenomenal and completely not effected.
On Sunday night I was still in the hospital because I was still really sick. I has been having severe muscle spasms in my back all day to the point that I needed pain meds. At around 12:15 am (monday) I took a hot shower to try to help alleviate some of the back pain. When I got out of the shower I went to go sit in the chair and wait for the nurse. Next thing I knew my legs and the floor were drenched! I yelled for my nurse and all caos broke out right there!
At 1:56 am on Monday Christina Anne and Stephen John III were born via c-section at 33 weeks 1 day!!! Christina was 3 lbs 4 oz 14 inches long and Stephen was 3 lbs 7 oz 16 inches long.
Both babies are doing AMAZING!! Stephen needed a day on the C-Pap machine and Christina needed a day on oxygen and that's it! No NICU needed, Hooray!!!
The babies are perfect!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My twins are here at 33w1d!!!

• Options
    Wow! Congrats!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! They are so beautiful! I'm glad to hear they're doing so well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, Congratulations!  That is amazing that they are doing so well.  I hope you are feeling better too!

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Options
    Congrats! So glad to hear they are doing so well at 33weeks, that is amazing!!

imageimage

• Options
    Congrats!! So glad they are doing so well!!
  • Options
    Congrats on your babies! No NICU, really? That's amazing! Mine were born at 33w2d and came home at around 35w.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    No NICU despite the need for CPap and O2? That doesn't sound right. At any rate, congrats.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    Congratulations! They are perfect!

• Options
    Oh that's fantastic! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Congrats!  What little peanuts.  I am also curious about the no NICU, does that mean they are in the special care nursery?  Anyway I hope they continue doing well and come home soon.
  • Options
    Wow! I delivered the same gestational age (33w1d) and my kiddos needed 2 weeks in NICU! That's amazing! Way to go Mom!
  • Options
    Oh they are so adorable!!! Congratulations and glad that they only needed limited special care! 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Congratulations!! And yay for no NICU time!!!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow!! Congratulations!!! 
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Options
    Congratulations!! Yay for no NICU; that's amazing at 33w! So glad they are doing well!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Congratulations love!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Beta #1 208, Beta #2 800, Beta #3 6,000
    Were Having Triplets!
    You Tube Videos of our Family finding out the good news!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  They are beautiful!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amazing! What a blessing to have nicu time! Congrats!
  • Options
    @missa_g @Mrs. Alice
    My twins are in a special care nursery at our hospital that has a full time neonatologist and two special care nurses. There was no need to send them to a hospital with a NICU bc they needed less then 24 hours each of oxygen or c-pap and neither of those need a full NICU. Last Tuesday and Wednesday I had the steroid shots to help with their lungs also just in case I delivered early.
    They are both very healthy, feeding from bottles already and doing amazingly.
  • Options
    @missa_g
    Well, sorry to burst your bubble but it is correct. I truly don't appreciate your sarcastic undertone to my post. Who would lie about something like this and why would I write it if it wasn't true. I just went through a lot and don't need your attitude. If you have nothing nice to say then don't comment on my post
  • Options
    JGior1031 said:

@missa_g
    Well, sorry to burst your bubble but it is correct. I truly don't appreciate your sarcastic undertone to my post. Who would lie about something like this and why would I write it if it wasn't true. I just went through a lot and don't need your attitude. If you have nothing nice to say then don't comment on my post

We have had quite a few fakers here and on the preemie board, so unfortunately people DO lie about it quite frequently. I apologize for how my tone came off, I did say congratulations and I meant them. I hope your kiddos continue to thrive and get to come home soon!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    Congratulations
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    Ah, I just consider NICU and SCN to be the same, but not everyone does. That's great they don't need the higher level care! I think mine were in the real NICU for a few days, and then the SCN for the rest of the time. Our hospital called them both NICUs, even though one was a lower level.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Congrats! My girls were born at 34+4 and were 2.9lbs and 3.7lbs and spent 4 weeks in the SCN, no oxygen needed. Hoping for a short stay for your LOs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"