May 2013 Moms
Options

Strollers

The 2u2 thread got me thinking...is anyone putting LO directly in the stroller vs the infant seat?

I haven't yet but have been thinking about it...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2:
March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

Re: Strollers

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I have a couple times. She enjoys it and has fallen asleep in it both times I had her just strapped in. She loves being able to see out rather than just up.

Edit to fix typo
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just asked my DH about this the other day! We haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure she would be able to and would like it. She sits in her high chair every night while we eat dinner, and it's not reclined anymore. Maybe we'll go for a walk today just to try the stroller.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO hasn't used his carseat in the stroller (bugaboo) for like 2 months now. He loves sitting up on his own!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    Yup- he goes in w/o the infant seat if we are going for a walk from home. If I am out with him he goes in the infant seat because it's easier
  • Options
    We haven't tried yet, but I'm ready to switch. You can't go back and forth very easily in our stroller, so once we take off the attachment for the infant seat, she will be forward facing for good.

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes!!! We've been doing it since he was about a month old in our stroller since it was rated for newborns. :) he loves looking around.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    Yes I have a smaller stroller for when we are out shopping and he really enjoys being able to look around. Our larger stroller is a jogging one so we haven't put him in there without the seat.
  • Options
    Unless K is already asleep when we go for a walk, I put her directly in the stroller.  She enjoys watching everyone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    emmy236emmy236 member
    edited September 2013
    Definitely both in our reagular stroller and jogger. Both are bumblerides and they have a head rest part that helps keep him from leaning too far to either side. Both have car seat adapters but DS would much rather face forward and see everything
  • Options
    With Grams at the park in his new Bumbleride that DH got me for my birthday
  • Options
    I tried her in my sister's stroller and she liked ituch better than her own. She tries to sit up further when she's in her baby seat and she wants to look out.
  • Options
    We switched almost a month ago and got cleared to even take him in the jogging stroller without his car seat, we just haven't removed the attachment on that stroller yet. 
  • Options
    Yes we have been for a long time he loves it so much more to look out at everything!
  • Options
    I've been thinking about it because I'm sick of the stroller being so massive with the infant seat and the stroller...I think I'll try it this weekend, see how he does
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options
    We only use the compatible stroller when we're driving somewhere, so I just leave her in the infant seat. She's been in the jogger (with no seat) for a few weeks, now.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Mine has been sitting in the stroller for a while now too.  He likes being able to see everything and the straps on his Bob hold his head up pretty well if he falls asleep while we are out walking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought about it and went to adjust the straps on the city mini, was already a little stressed and gave up.  She's ready though.  I guess I'll give it a try again tonight.
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Options
    I may need to try this!

TTC #2:

• Options
    I have never used our car seat adapter bar. I just reclined the City Mini all the way and rolled up a blanket for head support. It keeps her much cooler than the padded car seat. We take the dog for long walks. She looks around, chats with herself or sleeps.
    Baby girl born 5/20/13. Figuring it out as we go. :)
  • Options
    I'm scared to try it. Don't they have to weigh a certain amount before you can do that? S is only 11 lbs now so we've still got her infant insert in the carseat...
  • Options
    Yep, we started alternating with just the stroller around 3.5months old.  He likes it. 

the only issue I have is that if it too sunny it is hard to keep them out of the sun like with the infant seat/stroller combo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Plus... I can barely carry him in the infant seat anymore...

20lb Chunkamunk + 10lb car seat = throwing out my back
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We don't use the infant seat at all anymore. T hated it. He's been in just the stroller from week one.
  • Options
    I use "the big girl seat" ;) in my Phil & Ted's about half of the time. 
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options

I'm scared to try it. Don't they have to weigh a certain amount before you can do that? S is only 11 lbs now so we've still got her infant insert in the carseat...

Hmm.. I'll have to look into this. DS is about 15 lbs.

TTC #2:

• Options

M is 15 pounds and he's been sitting forward for a little while. He loves it, because he can look around. As long as neck control is good, our pedi said it was fine.
  • Options
    I have thought about it only because one stroller my husband loves is not compatible with our car seat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

M is 15 pounds and he's been sitting forward for a little while. He loves it, because he can look around. As long as neck control is good, our pedi said it was fine.
    Phooey, I should've thought to ask the pedi this when we were there on monday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"