Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What is going on?

Here's a little of the back story.  Over this past week and weekend DD had a fever and was super fussy, wouldn't eat more than a bite or two (same with bottle except for middle of the night feeding which she was too hungry to refuse), couldn't sleep, always wanted to be held, etc.  We thought cold or teething or infection.  Fever disappeared Monday morning.  The fussiness, refusal to eat, wanting to be held, etc all remained.  No tooth appeared and it doesn't seem like there is one on the way.  DD is hysterical at times and nothing but holding her will calm her (sometimes, especially in the middle of the night, that doesn't work either).  The last few nights just to get some sleep I'd lay down with her in my bed.  That lasted about an hour.  I'm at my wit's end.  Any suggestions or similar stories welcome.  TIA!!
Live life to the fullest and love like you've never been hurt or heartbroken. image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is going on?

• Options
    Have you called the pedi? I would go in just to check for an infection, even if the fever is gone. It could very well be an ear infection, UTI, something along those lines. I hope she feels better soon.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    My LO was like this and she had an ear infection.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If she's not being herself I would take her to the pedi even if the fever is gone. A fever with no other symptoms is often a sign of infection such as UTI or ear infection. DD had a fever recently and when we called the pedi he said if no other symptoms show up within 24hours of the start of the fever to get an appointment with 24hours.
  • Options
    Definitely should call the pedi. Even if there was no fever in the first place if your LO isn't eating that's enough of a sign right there that there's something that needs to be checked out. GL!
  • Options
    Call the pedi. My DS has had tons of ear infections and that is how he presented each and every time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"