February 2014 Moms
Options

Electrocuted myself!!

So I was washing my stove and I guess I had too much water on the rag and I washed over the plug-in that's at the top of stoves to plug things in..... I got a good shock.

So now I am at the ER. First thing they did was check on the LO and found a great HB right away. They're doing some other tests but I am hoping I have the all clear. T&P please! I'll update more as I go along. I am 20w2d since I am on mobile.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP May 2011 - MMC July 2011 / BFP MAY 2013 - Due Feb 1st!! / Married Aug 24, 2013 /ME & DH both 30

Re: Electrocuted myself!!

• Options
    Good luck! !! That had to be scary! !
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersAnniversary  
  • Options
    Goodness! Glad the baby is ok!
    Started TTC Summer 2008~ Started with RE Summer 2009~ October 2010 IUI-positive HPT & beta, c/p~ Natural pregnancy March 2013, m/c at 7 weeks, Trisomy 16~ Natural pregnancy June 2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ow!  Hope you didn't get an electrical burn, those hurt like heck.  Glad baby is ok!  
  • Options
    So glad baby's ok. hope all other test go well to. Hugs.
  • Options
    Ouch! Shocks hurt! Hope you check out okay.

image image
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm glad you and baby seem okay.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Ouch! I hope everything's okay.
    Married July 2008
    IVF started Jan. 2013, 14 retrieved, 9 mature, 6 fertilized
    BFP #1: 3/18/13 MMC at 5 weeks
    BFP #2: 6/10/13  Thank God for our precious daughter! She's more than I could have asked for!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no!  Hope everything is okay!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    Oh no ! Hope it's all ok
  • Options
    Happy to hear baby is OK, hope your feeling ok as well:)
  • Options
    Ouch, hope all stays well
  • Options
    T&P being sent you way! Hope everything is fine!!
  • Options
    Glad you and LO are ok!!! I got a jolt of lightning at 6 weeks and everything was fine(measuring ahead) at my last u/s.

• Options
    Ouch!! Hope all is well

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Yowza! Glad you're both showing signs that all is well. Apparently (according to Pregnant Chicken, anyways) this happens to more pregnant women than you'd think! 

It really does! With my first who is completely healthy today I went to go turn my bedside lamp on and instead of the switch there was an exposed wire. Got a nasty shock but it didn't hurt the pregnancy at all, just painful to the finger.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow!!! Glad you are at the ER!!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! All is well with both of us. I didn't want to goto ER but figured I'd never relax unless I had some reassurance. I saw the OB first who made sure LO is ok and then they hooked me up to a heart monitor. When the ER physician saw me he said that the uterus acts like rubber, in a sense it cushions the baby from the electricity. He said they even have to shock moms with the paddles and the babies are protected. Good to know! Learn something new everyday!

The worst part is I had to call in sick at a new job..

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP May 2011 - MMC July 2011 / BFP MAY 2013 - Due Feb 1st!! / Married Aug 24, 2013 /ME & DH both 30

• Options
    Your job will understand, or they aren't human. Glad you're ok!
    I'm convinced that TheBump is having a posthumous feud with Steve Jobs and you can't post siggys from Macs. 

Cue Hormonal Rage.

• Options
    Yikes!! Very scary! I'm glad that they found a good heartbeat on LO.
  • Options
    Glad all is well. Don't worry about work; I'll bet if you told them what happened and went to work anyway, they would tell you to go to the ER, too.

I got electrocuted when our washing machine leaked next to our dryer when I was 15 and I stepped barefoot in the puddle. One foot got quite blue and both were buzzing with pain for hours afterward. The only reason I didn't go to the hospital was because my dad is a doctor.
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • Options
    Glad all is well!
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything's ok! How scary!
  • Options
    Glad to hear you both are ok!
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"