Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower Date

So 2 of my friends asked if they could throw me a baby shower. I said yes if they wanted to I'd appreciate it. Well we are trying to figure out a wknd for it and she sent me a text today asking about Nov. 3 which is a Sunday. This is a family & friend shower and with my mom living 4 hrs away I don't think she'd be able to make it with it being on Sunday since she has to be at work Monday. My friends have boys who will have a baseball game Saturday that's why they suggested Sunday. Now my mom is having a shower for us in my hometown but wanted to come for the shower up here too. Not only that but a couple of DH's aunts are out of town and they wouldn't be able to make it either.
My question is, would it be rude or would I be out of place to tell my friend I'd really prefer for it to be on Saturday? I don't want to seem unappreciative.

Re: Baby Shower Date

• Options
    Agree with PP about out of town guests coming a day early. Perhaps you could suggest something early in the day on Sunday like a brunch to give the guest time to get home at a decent hour after the shower?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What ECB said.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    I agree, if she did it in the morning, your mom would have plenty of time to drive home on Sunday. If she does it on a Saturday, your mom might have to come down on Friday night, anyway. Talk to your mom about it, and ask your friend if you could do it earlier on Sunday.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Have a brunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"