Eco-Friendly Family

Natural Deodorant That Works

Hi all. In an attempt to transfer all my skin care products to paraben and chemical free ( as much as possible), I just switched over to some natural deodorant I bought at Zerbos. It smells wonderful, but doesn't work so great.  Can anyone recommend a brand that works well but isn't going to break the bank? Those deodorants are really expensive! Thanks

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

Re: Natural Deodorant That Works

• Hi Amores! I love Bubble and Bee's Super Pit Putty. It's kinda pricey, but lasts me forever. And they have a great policy where if the first scent you order doesn't work for you, they'll work with you to find one that does for free. But just remember, it's deodorant not anti-perspirant, so you'll still sweat, it'll just help with the stink!

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• @sunnydaysarehere Where do you buy it? Off the internet?

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry, I buy it online. Here's their website:

https://www.bubbleandbee.com/

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• ditto to Tom's, it's the only thing natural or otherwise that has actually worked for me.

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
  • hecklethecklet member
    edited September 2013
    AmandaS36 said:
    I like Tom's of Maine antiperspirant & deodorant in the powder scent.
    Doesn't Tom's still have aluminum in it?

ETA...not sure if thats a major concern for you OP...but for me it is!
  • The antiperspirant does, I don't know if any antiperspirant doesn't? I used plain old Tom's citrus roll on deodorant and liked it a lot too, but I can't find it anywhere anymore.

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
  • butrfly110butrfly110 member
    edited October 2013
    I use Oyin handmade funk butter and it only costs $5 and lasts quite awhile.  I order it online but if you live near Baltimore and a few other locations you can get it in a store.  www.oyinhandmade.com  I also recommend their Body butter bar it has been great with any itching I have had on my belly.
  • Newbie here to this community! First time using Tom's today and so far so good!
    photo df66db4a-fa98-43a8-9785-a437ac2b779f_zpsbd91495c.jpg
  • My husband made his own.

He melted Shea butter, added coconut oil, baking soda and a few drops of his favorite essential oil. He doesn't have an exact recipe but it was mostly the baking soda and Shea butter. The coconut oil helps with easy glide on and the essential oil was personal preference.

It works GREAT cause he's is usually pretty smelly :)

I still go sans deodorant right now b/c I don't go into work but I will probably make my own with my own scent like he did for himself when I do go back to work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I purchased one from an Etsy store.  I love it.  It does smell a little "herby" from the essential oils but it works amazing at staying dry.  I love it!  Here's the link....https://www.etsy.com/listing/104650247/organic-extra-strength-deodorant-2-oz?ref=listing-shop-header-1
  • I use the Crystal deodorant stone. Works great!
    Married since June 2008

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
    TTC Post Chemotherapy
    Unexplained Infertility

DH- SA Normal, Lap on 8/8/13
    BFP! 11/7/13 EDD 07/15/14 changed to 07/23/14 after first u/s

My Ovulation Chart

• Crystal w toms deodorant over it here!
  • I really like primal pit paste (https://www.primalpitpaste.com/). They have several scents to choose from. I've read in several places that the baking soda based deodorants can mess with pH and occasionally you should wash your armpits with diluted acv to rebalance. I had some sensitivity issues when I switched over to the primal pit paste but the acv trick helps tremendously. Also-don't use it right after dry shaving...ouch
  • I use Jason tee tree oil, and it works great.  It's a little pricey at $6-$7 a stick, but it lasts forever.  You can order three-packs via Amazon for $17.  Good luck!

first pregnancy
    due August 20, 2014
    (my blog about bikes, growing things, home remodeling 
    and other random life stuff)

• You can make your own... Very easily. Check out wellnessmama.com ... She has TONS of fantastic DIY NATURAL recipes. I just made my own toothpaste, from one of her posts.
  • MamaMuslima01MamaMuslima01 member
    edited January 2014
    Crystal Essence! Chamomile and green tea, this is the only deodorant that had ever worked for me. Cost 5 dollars and last a very long time
  • I use Herban Cowboy (they have male and female scents). I found it at whole foods, it's around $6, and lasts me months. The blossom scent is my favorite. https://www.herbancowboy.com/#
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear
    11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
    IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
    IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
    IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
    Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
    1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi ladies! I'm new to this board but for those of you who make your own, do you put it in a dispenser or scoop some out and rub it on? Sounds like making it would be easy and fairly cheap to do!
    Chase Alexander 12-11-01
    Sierra Nicole 6-15-05
    Avery Lyn 8-2-12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • T'eo bar from Lush is the best.  Also good - Crystal essence liquid roller - I like the pomegranate and lavender scents.

• staceyedingstaceyeding member
    edited April 2014
    Edit for spam
  • I've been using the Crystal roll-on kind. Its like $4.80. I find the pomegranate kind works best for me. I'm not willing to spend much more than that on deodorant.

• aibreanaibrean member
    edited April 2014
    I have Jason Tea Tree. It works pretty well. My grocery store carries it for cheaper than online (I think it was like $3.99).
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Soap Walla Deodorant Cream. Costs around $14 but lasts for months and works great. I used Toms for years and recently switched because this works significantly better. 
  • The All Natural Face.  Roll on liquid crystal deodorant.  It's pretty cheap and lasts a long time.  Not antiperspirant at all, but effective for odor.
  • I just saw on Dr. Oz that apparently lemons work! The women just sliced the lemon in half and rubbed on her underarms. She swore by it. Might be worth a try... who knows?!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Another vote for crystal roll on here! That's usually what I use because it's cheap, accessible, and isn't full of perfume. I also like Lafe's spray-on deo when I can get it. It's worked the best of any natural deo I've tried, and it doesn't burn like some of the baking soda-heavy ones can.
    Crazy Bird ~ Can't wait to meet this egg!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Dx PCOS September 2014
    Medicated + monitored cycle: Clomid/Ovidrel trigger (9/22)
    BFP 10/9/14!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"