December 2011 Moms
Options

Decision Made

So Dh and I finally seem to be on the same page about TTC#2 and it feels great.  I think we have finally both come to a good place with it and it has relieved a lot of stress.  We are going to stop preventing this cycle and see what happens.  We have both agreed now that we will not seek fertilty for a second child, if we get pregnant great and if not we are so happy with G that we will be just fine.  I feel liberated, because all the time we have been talking about TTC#2 Dh has made comments like well after 6 months we'll just head back to fertility and that has always scared me. We had such a tough time getting KU with G and then side effects from the fertilty made my first tri horrible, I also found that I did not ride that particular emotional rollercoaster well at all.  So I am please to report that we are open to possibility of a second, but may well also be one and done.  Its funny but both Dh and I are such type A's that it feels oddly amazing to be so calm and just open to either possiblility.  Sorry just had to share...

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

Re: Decision Made

• Options
    Yay I'm so happy you came to a decision together! It feels so good to have a plan, even if it is just to see what happens.

DH and I have been discussing #2 also. He has made the comment numerous times about getting an IUD. I'm just not ok with waiting 3 more years. He did say that after DS's surgery and the move is done, that he might be more ok with it. It just made me feel so much better that we have a "sort of plan."

Good luck with stopping preventing. I hope you both continue to be on the same page and content either way!
  • Options
    Good luck! Glad you two are on the same page :)

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!! Its funny I have been anxious about it for so long, that having this decision made and both being happy about just feels amazing.  So I had to shout it from the rooftops!  Thanks for being super supportive as always I love this group of women :D

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Good luck!! It sounds like a great plan and I am so glad you are not stressed anymore!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Good luck! We also made the decision not to go down the RE/infertility treatment road again. We wanted more kids, but were content to be one and done. This pregnancy was a welcome shock, since it took so long to get pregnant the first time.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

@T good luck with the move and upcoming surgery, I'm sure once things settle down for you and DH will be able to think straight again and come to a decision together! 

@anotherdreamer I'm sorry you are back in fertilty treatments, but stay strong momma, its for a good cause!  I'm sure it feels good that you and Dh have agreed upon a limit with the treatments, I hope you dont get there.  It is no fun for sure, but I wish you all best  for a good outcome and sticky #2. 

@oasismomma and @arnold94 glad to hear that you guys had an easier time the second time around.  If thats what happens for us, we will be thrilled, but in the interest of trying to stay off the emotional rollecoaster I'm gonna to assume that things will be the same and then just see what happens!

Really have to say again how much I appreciate all of your support and its always nice to know I'm not alone in all this crazy stuff. 

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    That is awesome that you both are on the same page and sounds like a great plan. 

• Options
    It's such a good feeling to be on the same page when it comes to such a bid decision. I wish you good luck and hope that you don't even have to think about any fertility treatments. :-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"