Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Ergo baby or Britax?

We bought an ergo baby petunia pickle bottom carrier then got the britax baby carrier for free with another purchase,

we are debating whether we should return the ergo baby as we will not need 2 carriers but not sure how good the britax is comparing to the ergo...your feedback would be greatly appreciated

Re: Ergo baby or Britax?

• Options
    I can't compare for you, but we have the Britax carrier and we have been very happy with it. It's very adjustable so me, at 5'4", and DH at 6'1" can both use it. It comes with an infant insert and we bought the seat extender for after she outgrew the infant insert. The seat extender keeps their hips bent and it is much more comfortable for her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    I would keep both. Says the mom with 3 carriers and will be buying a mei tai for the next one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would not return the ergo. As your child gets older you may want to do back or hip carries, something you can't do with the britax.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have both. I just got an ergo performance for the back carry option while on vacation. I prefer the britax but that might change as I get more familiar with the ergo. I feel like DD is more secure in the britax. And the ergo is HOT.
    We bought the seat extender to keep DD facing in after she outgrew the infant insert.

The britax carrier was great for newborn stage but the ergo will prob be better for toddlers. I'd keep both if I was you.

Are you doing britax registry rewards?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thank you all for your feedback.  i will convince my husband to keep both since we can use the britax when our baby is smaller and use the ergo for side/back carrying or when he'll be older.

thanks Ande0821 for the britax registry rewards suggestion, will def be doing that.

• Options
    I have both too, and liked the Britax when DS was too big to froggy in the Ergo but too small to spread his legs around my waist. After he got a bit bigger, the Britax always felt heavier on my shoulders and back, so we always used the Ergo. I continued using the Ergo often until my son was almost 2, and I was too pregnant with baby 2 to feel like carrying a toddler. Laziness, not comfort.

I plan to do the same with the new baby when she arrives, and also plan to put DS back in the Ergo at some point. I've used it so much!! And I'm NOT a crunchy mom! But I've found lots of times where I need him contained, and a stroller is inappropriate. Also, it's fun to be face to face and talk to each other!
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    we are also very happy w/our Britax carrier.  LO is over 10 months old and on the taller side.  she still seems to enjoy it.  we only have one carrier.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"