Attachment Parenting

This carrier likely doesn't exist but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol

I'm still wearing my 26lb 2.5 year old and probably will be for a while to come as she has a medical condition that makes her tire easier than her peers. She's currently underweight so she's still quite comfy in the ergo in a front carry but I'm sure that will be change as she grows. I do a back carry with her when dh and I are together which I find more comfortable. However I can't see to master it alone and since I'm a sahm I take her out alone quite frequently. Is there any carrier besides a framed one that allows for an easier back carry?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This carrier likely doesn't exist but I'm going to ask anyway. Lol

• fredalina said:
    How are you putting her up? Can you practice putting her up with DH there until you are more comfortable with doing it alone? I did different things at different ages. When LO was a smaller baby, I had a Beco Butterfly II, which had an insert that made it feel easier/safer to do a hip scoot. Later I used a high back carry in a mei tai which I tied under my boobs and then put LO on my shoulders and lowered her legs one by one into the carrier (with a mirror). Then I used woven wraps and flung her in a Santa toss. When she was 1.5, I got a KinderPack and started doing a Superman. I attached the waist band, let it dangle behind my legs, flipped LO onto my back and stayed very bent over to help hold her in place, held her hands with one hand and grabbed the strap with the other and used it to flip the carrier over her back and then put the straps on. I could do that with a mei tai at that point too. Can you teach LO how to hold your neck for more security?

If there's nothing else I'm sure I will have no choice but to learn. It's just that most of the situations I need it we don't have access to a mirror and it makes me kind of nervous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If a mirror is the key, then can you get a mirror for your diaper bag? I was going to link you to the retractable one that I got when I was learning, but REI seems to have discontinued it. Nonetheless, small mirrors are easy to come by, especially in the biking section of a sports store. Also, there are reflections all around once you start looking: car windows, store windows, bathrooms, etc. Keep working at it! You can do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Practice, particularly over a bed, will help.  I put her on with the "scoot over the hip" method, and it just took practice and I could do it in my sleep (nearly, :) ).
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cpmichcpmich member
    edited September 2013
    A Kinderpack is easier than an ergo to master a back carry, particularly one with koolnit. Just loosen the shoulder straps, squat over a couch, chair or bed, have her put her arms around your neckshoulders, lean forward a little, slide the shoulder straps on like a backpack, and cinch the shoulder straps and click the chest clip. I promise it is much easier than it sounds. I recommend koolnit because it slides more easily. The seat pocket of the Kinderpack is much easier for a novice to master than the ergo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited September 2013

You can do a back carry with a ring sling!  So super easy!  I wasn't sure about it, but tried with a youtube video the other day and soooo easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDAKcSqFyPc

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"