Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Separation Anxiety

I am a SAHM, so DS is with me constantly. I have started going to a Bible study once a week, and DS goes to the nursery for 1.5 to 2 hours. Even on our third time going, the nursery workers said he cried almost the whole time. I am just not okay with letting him cry that long. (He didn't even cry that much when we did Sleep Easy.) I don't have any family or friends who live close enough or have enough time to help me get DS used to other people, so I feel like I'm stuck until he outgrows it. He does not tantrum when I leave him with DH, nor when I walk out of a room he's in. (He just comes to find me if he starts missing me.) So my questions are: 1. When did your LO start getting over separation anxiety? 2. Is there anything else I can do to work on this?

Re: Separation Anxiety

• Options
    I wish I had an answer, but DD is the same way. We don't have any family near us either and the one time we had a friend babysit so we could go out to dinner, she said DD cried the whole time we were gone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    IrishsapphireIrishsapphire member
    edited September 2013

I will be honest that my son did not do good in the toddler room at church when he was 1 years old.  He had a lot of separation anxiety.  And then he became more verbal, and he would tell us that he did not want to go to church (sigh).  He was more closer to 3 years old, when he just started to enjoy it. We go to two different churches depending on if we are in Seattle or at the inlaws in Sequim.  He calls the Seattle church the "pizza church", and he calls the church in Sequim the "hot dog church."  He really likes to play there now at Sunday school while we go to church. 

My daughter used to be the "angel" in the nursery infant room, but she is now going through a lot of separation anxiety when she was an older infant and now that she is in the toddler room.  This past Sunday, I left her when I saw that she was playing with the toys.  But I got beeped out of church.  So I just stayed with her and held her.  And we played with the other toddlers.  I know eventually she will get used to it, and then she will have fun like her older brother. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD gets like this at new places/around new ppl. She does great at daycare but in the church nursery she cries & makes them hold her the whole time. Are you able to sit with her a few times to let her get used to the ppl & see that its ok? I started helping out in the nursery so I'm in there with her every other Sunday & she is doing a little better when I leave her in there to attend services. I think it just takes time for them to get used to =/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"