April 2014 Moms
Options

Can't eat chicken!

Oh boy! I am having some major issues with the smell, texture, and taste of chicken; sad thing is- I LOVE CHICKEN NORMALLY! What is going on with that?! So far, it is the only thing that turns my tummy inside out. I have been craving apple slices with yogurt, parfaits, fruit in general, raw veggies with ranch, anything chewy (licorice, taffy, etc), McDonald's French Fries, taco salads, spicy chinese foods, and Dairy Queen Blizzards... I am only 8 weeks along and I look like I am 5-6 months along! My mom swears that it's typical to start showing sooner with the 2nd baby and she also said that she doubts I'll get much bigger then I am now cause I didn't with my first pregnancy (I didn't make it to the 3rd trimester with the 1st one)- why do I feel the need to roll my eyes at her constantly?! Everyone has always told me, and I agree, that when you are pregnant you always have that one person who (with hormones) makes your skin crawl and you want to snap at them; my person is my mother... and I hate it cause I love her, but it's the truth. Hoping you all are having a fun time with cravings and are still able to eat the things you love! Good luck with hormones and gaining proper weight! :-)

Re: Can't eat chicken!

• Options
    Ugh I am so sorry!
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Me too, chicken is OUT. Funnily enough, my SIL who is currently pregnant also had massive aversions to chicken in her first trimester. 

... all I want is fries, all day every day. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh, I had to dig out some frozen shoestring fries from the freezer in the basement at 9:45 last night, lol... It was a blessed event when those puppies were cool enough to eat. I felt so much better, lol...

And now I want chicken. HA.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• Options
    Same here with chicken. And eggs!! I can't handle either lately and we usually eat chicken alot in our house. My cravings have been mostly pasta. Any kind of pasta. Especially with cheese!!! Could that be anymore unhealthy?! :)
  • Options
    As long as I don't have to cook it I'm ok with chicken, but raw meats and cooked veggies are grossing me out these days.
  • Options
    In my frist PG and this one, I could not eat chicken during my entire PG.  This PG I also cannot stand the thought of eggs at this point, but I am hoping that will change because I am really in need of protein!  I can eat (and crave) red meat, but I cannot cook it.

• Options
    major aversion to chicken here too!! I made chicken rollatini last night for SO and I just stared at him while he ate thinking "that is so disgusting". lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cooking chicken makes me gag.  It looks like this pregnancy will be dominated by red meat again which is funny since we don't eat much normally.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• Options
    I've heard that the most common thing women crave is ice cream, and the most common aversion is poultry. Totally fine with craving ice cream! Totally not fine with chicken making me sick.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    Me too!!  Chicken has been out for weeks and it's horrible.  It was a staple in my diet and I am trying not to eat red meat either.  So I'm down to ground turkey and pork chops for protein but that isn't helping.  All I want is pizza, fries, mac & cheese, carbs (which I don't normally eat!!!) and sugar.  I am eating fruit & yogurt and oatmeal but come lunch time I want nothing but I'm so hungry!!
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    Now I want a steak, too bad I like my steaks medium rare.
  • Options
    chicken is the devil..i hate the smell and texture of it - wish the aversion happened before I decided to buy 3 lbs worth and store in freezer. Blech!
  • Options
    Just like my first pregnancy, I can't stand any type of meat. DH said the words "ground beef" yesterday and I almost yacked.
  • Options
    My last pregnancy I couldn't eat, smell, or be near chicken or turkey... This time, I'm ok with it so far.. Wondering if that will change...

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I also can't do chicken or eggs. Boo!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Can't do fried chicken. Or grease for that matter. Fruit I can eat all day long. I ate pineapple and oranges. Till I had kanker sores yum
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"