LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check In

It's Monday (again???).  Time for the weekly check in for those who are trying to conceive or in the planning stages.

How are things going this week?

QOTW: My wife asked me this last night so I'll ask you: what would you do with $1 Million?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC Check In

• Options
    Nothing really to report this week in terms of TTC.  Lining check in Wednesday.  Keep your FX for a fluffy ute!

QOTW: Pay off student loans, invest some, donate some, take a fantastic European vacation.  My wife and I differ on whether we should pay off our mortgage or buy a vacation home. Decisions, decisions... :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ball.and.chain - my fingers are tightly crossed for you and your fluffy ute! :) **** I am on my iPad again so can't seem to figure out how to make space breaks stick when I post, apologies! **** Today I am 1dp5dt woohoo! Let the wait begin! :) **** QOTW: I would also pay off student loans and any other misc debt, I would invest some for our children's education, and then we would probably use the rest to move up our time table for moving. We would probably build our dream home. Not sure if we would sell our current home, or keep it as an investment property and rent it out...

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good morning and happy Monday! 

@ball.and.chain, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

@kh826 I'm so excited for you and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, too!

As for me, my temp spiked today so I believe that I O'd yesterday or the day before. I've seen a ton of positive opks in the last few days, and two days of "peak" readings on the CBEFM on Friday and Saturday. The tests were negative as of Saturday night and Sunday, so I knew I would be O'ing soon. I was very excited to see a temp shift this morning, and I'm praying that the temp stays high. 

We managed to get THREE ICI's in for this cycle! Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated for this 2ww!

QOTD: First and foremost, I would pay off my student loans. Next, I would pay off our truck and any other debt. With the remaining amount, we would purchase a luxury motor home and hit the road! I'm sure we would help family, but we've talked about it already and a motor home is in our future, for sure! Oh, and a new jeep! :D

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options

Happy pregnancy thoughts for all of you, ladies!  I am looking forward to your BFP stories in the very near future :)

As for me... No AF yet.  I took another HPT this morning and it was, of course, stark-white BFN.  I have pretty much given up hope for this cycle as it seems impossible for me to be pregnant and still not register the HCG on a pee-stick.  I've got my appointment all set for tomorrow with a real reproductive endocrinologist so I will look forward to that and keep y'all posted.

What would I do with $1 million?  Pay off debt, by a nicer home, and invest the remainder for retirement.  I work for a university so I am not worried about my kids' education since we'll get a huge discount.  The other answers I've seen here are quite sensible, but the sad truth is the folks who usually land such windfalls don't know how to manage money and end up doing crazy things like buying 4 speed boats, fitting their teeth with diamonds, and using the rest for booze and toys.

• Options
    Happy Monday!!! 2DPI Here :) Feeling really good about this cycle :)

QOTW - We would buy a new house. We live in a very expensive area, so 1mil would basically buy us a house and that's it (and we'd probably still need a small mortgage on top of that)!!
    Attempt #1: July Natural Cycle ICI = BFN
    Attempt #2: August Natural Cycle IUI = BFN
    Attempt #3: September Natural Cycle IUI = TWW

• Options
    We are on CD3. We are doing a combined Clomid and menopur (injectable) cycle. Tonight is the fifth and final day of Clomid for Manada. We have done two days of menopur and will do two more then go back to the clinic for a follicle check. We are at the clinic now (for the first post-drug check) and M has an 8mm on the right and a 10mm on the left. RE says she thinks it is too early to tell how M is reacting to the drugs. She suggested two more days on menopur and we agreed. If it isn't working to produce multiple follicles, M will likely quit taking it and continue the cycle will no more medication.
    Meanwhile I'm continuing on with Birth control pills to try to control my endo in prep for IVF in just over two months if the IUI doesn't work before then.

QOTW: pay off my student loans and M's student loans, fund a cycle or two or whatever of IVF for M's eggs, top up M's parental leave for a year and save enough that I don't have to work for that year either, put enough in a special savings account to do that again for baby #2, pay for my parents' roof repair, take a trip to Hawaii, buy a house, give a chunk of change to each of our siblings and parents.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Happy Monday all!

Doing okay here.  CD7 monitoring today after 3 days of menopur + 4 days of clomid.   Another dose of clomid tonight + another shot of menopur tomorrow and back to the clinic Wednesday to check in.   I had an 8mm and a 10mm folly today, so hopefully they both keep growing and maybe another one gets picked up along the way.

The nurse who gave me my injection this morning was super rough.  I'll let H. tell the story if she wants, but she was fast and abrupt and stabbed me in the butt without so much as a countdown!   What's worse is that she was training someone new!  If that new nurse ever speaks to me like the veteran nurse did today I"m going to lose it on her!

QOTW:   $1,000,000 -- in this order I would:  pay off both of our student debt, pay off the mortgage on H's parent's house, set up a medical trust fund for her brother's medications & healthcase (he is in the US without insurance), buy my little bro a new, safer truck, send my little sis abroad to live for awhile, take us to Hawaii, set $20,0000 aside for IVF costs to see if we might get my PG eventually, and put a huge downpayment on a little house in the city for H. and I to live in.      If I have enough left over after that I might quit my job and instead work at a smaller, community based organization part-time to cover our bills.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options
    @Pinkspark congratulations! FX for everyone else in the TWW.

I am on CD 12. Had my u/s this morning - left shows a 15 mm and right shows a 22 mm. I'm guessing I will be back up to the office on Wednesday for insemination. This will be my second IUI. Since C has Mondays off and it is such a long drive to our RE's office, I took the day off today. We are spending it together and meeting up with a friend.

QOTW: We would pay off my student loans, our cars, the motorcycle and our house. At this point we would use some for TTC as necessary. We would also pay off my parent's house and probably help her Mom out as well. I imagine we would find/build ourselves a new home and then sock away anything that was left over. If there was enough, I would buy my dream truck :)

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    Good Monday Morning ladies!
    We just saw our RE yesterday and they saw 3-4 good follies and did the trigger shot.  They said they were 14-18mm.  So we are hopeful at least one will take :-)  We did one insemination last night and will do another tonight and tomorrow.  We are lucky that our KD lives nearby and makes himself pretty available to us when necessary.  So we are officially in the TWW!!

QOTD:  As most people have said we would pay off debt, including my DW student loans.  Then we would go on a badass vacation, invest some and put a nice down payment on a house.  
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"