August 2012 Moms
Options

Early wake up and one nap

How will LO transition to one nap when he gets up at 5:30 every day? He's still taking about 1 to 1.5 hour nap in the morning and the same in the afternoon. He's 13.5 months and I don't see how he will transition with this early wake up! It doesn't matter what time I put him down its an early wake up. His bedtime is 7 to 7:30.any thoughts? I'm ready for the one nap but I want to make sure he is and I'm not sure how that will look. TIA

Re: Early wake up and one nap

• Options

If he's still taking an hour to 1.5 hour nap in the morning, it doesn't really sound like he's ready for 1 nap a day!

What time is he going down for his morning nap?  You could keep trying to push it back by 15-30 min increments until you are at the time you would like for his 1 nap a day.

Sorry, I don't really have any other tips - my DS is still at 2 naps a day....but is starting to only take a 30 min nap in the morning, so I'm thinking we might need to drop the morning nap soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    DD is the same.  She's usually up at 6:00 and ready for nap 1 by 9 or 9:30.  She will take another one in the afternoon as well.  I guess when she stops being a crazy-butt past 9:30, then it means she can stay awake longer until she goes down for one nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like he's not ready. When he is, his one nap will probably just be on the early side.
  • Options
    By the time he's ready for one nap, he may wake later in the morning. So he may do 12 hour nights if he's only taking one nap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jodegaardjodegaard member
    edited September 2013
    J has always been and early riser. Before we dropped to one nap, his day looked like this:

Wake up around 5:45-6am
    Nap 1 9-10:30am
    Nap 2 1:30-3pm
    Bedtime at 7:30pm

When he started showing signs of being ready for one nap, he was getting tired later and later for his morning nap. Towards the end it was maybe 30-45 minutes and he wasn't ready for it until 10am or later.

Now that he takes one nap, his day looks like this:

Nap 12-2
    Bedtime 7pm

So all that to say, he didn't affect how early he woke up. Hope that helps!
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jodegaard said:

J has always been and early riser. Before we dropped to one nap, his day looked like this:

Nap 1 9-10:30am
    Nap 2 1:30-3pm
    Bedtime at 7:30pm

When he started showing signs of being ready for one nap, he was getting tired later and later for his morning nap. Towards the end it was maybe 30-45 minutes and he wasn't ready for it until 10am or later.

Now that he takes one nap, his day looks like this:

Nap 12-2
    Bedtime 7pm

So all that to say, he didn't affect how early he woke up. Hope that helps!

Darn I was hoping he'd sleep later when he dropped to one nap! We will keep up the two naps a day for now I just know his sitters keep pushing for the one nap. He's ready for his nap around 8:45 or 9. He usually just starts to get fussy so I put him down. 5:30 is EARLY for this mama!
  • Options
    It sounds like he isn't ready for just one nap. DS was sort of forced into it: I babysit at a friend's house every afternoon, so his afternoon nap became 30 minutes in the car for a few weeks and then was gone altogether. When that happened, bedtime got earlier (7pm), wakeup got later (7am), and his short morning nap got pushed back and lasts longer (10/11am - 1/2pm).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"