Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Advice

So my gf and I were walking and she had just apologized to the lady who had told us about splashing the baby with cold water and were walking back home when she tripped over her own feet and fell she's 16 weeks almost 17 and I don't know if the fall would cause her to lose the baby or if the baby is hurt. She said the baby was fine and she called the Dr. to be sure but our Dr was out so she talked to a nurse who said the baby was fine and was really protected in the womb. I don't know thought since we don't know the nurse that answered the call but my gf trusts her. I'm worried about the baby being okay from her falling.
Lilypie - (QYVI)
Daisypath - (cbj9)

Re: Advice

• Options
    Don't stress, a minor fall will not hurt the child.  Anyone that works in the OB/GYN field knows what they are talking about unless they are the accountant.

You do realize that your child when born will fall down sometimes multiple times a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    There is a reason why your child is currently floating in a sac of amniotic fluid... to protect him/her from things just like this.  My wife was in a car accident (minor) with our first and we went to the hospital just to double check and he was fine... kicking the monitoring equipment on her belly the whole time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Wulfgar If our baby takes after my gf I know they will fall a lot as they get older. I got to talk to the nurse we usually have and she said the same thing the other nurse said so I felt better. @Coltsdad my gf said the same thing about the amniotic fluid protecting the baby and I'm glad your wife and son were okay
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • Options
    I have another question. Is it normal to find your pregnant gf/wife crying over a movie? Came home from work to find my gf crying over the second Lilo and Stitch movie and I have no idea if this is normal.
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • Options
    Totally normal.  My wife cried at a bunch of commercials.  Just smile, give her a kiss, hold her hand, and tell her you love her.  (Also something to note...this is not a signal she is in the mood to fool around)
  • Options

I have another question. Is it normal to find your pregnant gf/wife crying over a movie? Came home from work to find my gf crying over the second Lilo and Stitch movie and I have no idea if this is normal.

Do not laugh about this until she has given you the ok to do so. I may take a few months.
  • Options
    Yes, she can wind up crying over commercials that aren't even emotional.  It is just the hormones wreaking havoc.
  • Options
    LokiFollowerLokiFollower member
    edited September 2013
    It's gonna be a long few months isn't it?
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • Options
    For some it really is a very long 9 months, for others there are ups and downs but no really bad extremes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LokiFollowerLokiFollower member
    edited September 2013
    Well her night didn't get any better. We were watching wrestling and she started crying again when dusty rhodes was ko'ed and then even more when Miz was attacked. She is still crying from all that. I feel bad because I don't know how to make her feel better
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • Options

Well her night didn't get any better. We were watching wrestling and she started crying again when dusty rhodes was ko'ed and then even more when Miz was attacked. She is still crying from all that. I feel bad because I don't know how to make her feel better

Get her a blanket, put a pillow behind her back and anything else that could make her comfortable.

rub her feet (if she likes to have her feet rubbed.

Chocolate and ice cream may help.

Yes, you are in for a rough few months.
  • Options
    Get her a blanket, put a pillow behind her back and anything else that could make her comfortable. rub her feet (if she likes to have her feet rubbed. Chocolate and ice cream may help. Yes, you are in for a rough few months.
    Thanks I'll try that next time
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"