Adoption

Waiting Adoptive Mama_New and Lost

I've avoided this site like the plague until I had the grand idea that maybe there were adoption discussion boards on here!  I've created an account and posted on a check in for September...somewhere...but I'm so lost!  I just want to talk to other moms who are waiting to adopt and specifically those finished with paperwork who have been waiting awhile.  I have days where I just need support and someone to talk to who is doing all of this at the same time!

Re: Waiting Adoptive Mama_New and Lost

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Welcome, been waiting for quite some time at this point.  Try to stay busy, but this is a great place to vent if you need to or just ask questions.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome back. There are only nice people on the adoption board.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome! We have been approved and waiting for almost a year. :-h
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hello, and welcome.  Many of the posters here are in a similar point in the process as you are, and those of us who have our children home remember how difficult a time it was.  Feel free to look for support here any time!
  • Welcome!  We are in Homestudy so not paperwork done but have been struggling with IF for 5 years so I feel like it is a long wait with a lot more to come.  Low drama board of lots of great people who support each other through the ups and downs and the long waits.  I look forward to talking with you.
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • Welcome! This is a great place to connect and learn. We've been approved and waiting for a year and a half. The waiting can feel like torture sometimes I know. https://joshandkrisloveadoption.blogspot.com/
  • Hey there!  Welcome to the boards!  I don't post much on here anymore, since we were finally matched, and I wasn't especially active even before that, but I did want to reply because we waited a while, so I know what you're going through.  We waited 16 months between our profile going active and our son's birth.  It's incredibly discouraging at times, and we started wondering if there was something wrong with us when we'd been shown 8 times and never selected.  We switched agencies, and matched within a week.  We were extremely lucky, and I know you've heard it before, but it's true: when it happens, it happens all at once. 

I hope your wait is almost over, and your little one finds his or her way to you soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"