Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Car seat carrier?

Can you recommend your car seat carrier when you fly? (To wheel it through the airport) I am flying alone with my 10 month old and I bought her a seat.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car seat carrier?

• Options

I'm assuming you mean one for a convertible carseat- this is the GoGoBabyz.  It's probably the most popular one- and a little overpriced IMO.  See if you can get it used somewhere. 

I've used the GoGo (borrowed from a friend) and it was ok.  TSA made us take it apart to send it through the x ray and it was kind of a PITA to put it back on but doable.  Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time in case they do this to you.

I actually bought a Brica Car Seat Transporter on one of those Deal a Day sites, and we really like it.  I like that I can fold the wheels in and push the handle down and don't have to take the whole thing apart to get it into the plane seat (at least that works with our Britax seats- not sure about other brands).  I have only had actually it fit through 1 xray machine with the wheels folded in, so TSA will probably ask you to take it apart.  But I have learned that if I ask them to do a "hand check" they will (reluctantly).  It still takes a little longer but at least you won't be trying to re-attach the thing while chasing a kid!

• Options
    Thank you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use the britax wheels with an evenflo tribute. I keep it all together thru security and make them check it by hand. I even squeeze the whole thing into a bag all assembled for gate checking. It works well!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"