Working Moms
Options

House closing attire

edited September 2013 in Working Moms
What did you wear for your house closing? I want to look professional but don't want to be overdressed. I'm planning to wear a blazer and dress pants with heels.

Re: House closing attire

• Options
    I bought my house sight unseen with 3000 miles between the house and I. I don't recall what I wore, but I'm sure if was jeans and a t-shirt when the mobile notary came to my home. I suppose I would wear whatever you normally wear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't get dressed up. It was a lawyer, 2 realtors, myself and DH. I think we both wore jeans and hoodies (it was winter). I didn't even consider it an occasion worth getting dressed up for, maybe because we went straight to the house after and tore down a wall. We did, however, wear nicer clothes when we went to the bank for our mortgage- I think they're more likely to care that I look responsible enough to pay for a house, at the closing everything is already approved.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I came from work so we both dressed business casual.  Also, I'm glad we looked decent because our realtor took our picture in front of the "sold" sign. :)
  • Options
    Nechie122Nechie122 member
    edited September 2013
    No one will care what you look like. At that point, everything is approved and you just need to sign on the X (and hand over the money -- remember no one is getting paid without you!)

That said, we did ours first thing in the morning before work, so we were slightly more "professional" looking.
  • Options
    It was summer for us so I wore a casual sundress and probably a cardigan.  My husband probably wore khakis and a dress shirt because I'm sure he came from work (I work at home).  I didn't want to look like the slob I normally do running errands :-),  but I didn't feel the need to be particuarly dressed up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wore jeans, a black sweater and flats. I was 7 months pregnant and it was the winter, so I wore what fit and what was comfortable. Like PP have said, everything is a done deal at that point; nobody really cares what you're wearing.

• Options
    I was hugely pregnant and wore jeans and a T-shirt. My husband came in work clothes and he's in construction so you can say we were dressed super casual!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Maybride2 said:
    I don't even understand this question, to be honest. You're just going in to sign a bunch of paperwork, there's no party or cameras to dress up for.

Thank you.  This is where I am.  I don't understand why it matters if you look professional or not.  You're just there to sign a bunch of legal documents. 

I can't remember what I wore.  Whatever I happened to have on that day!  And as I had the day off (that much I remember), I'm pretty sure I was probably in jeans. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    I went after work so I wore work attire. However, I agree with others you are only signing paperwork. No one to impress, I wouldn't over think the wardrobe.  Congrats on buying a house!
  • Options
    Maybride2 said:
    I don't even understand this question, to be honest. You're just going in to sign a bunch of paperwork, there's no party or cameras to dress up for.

Thank you.  This is where I am.  I don't understand why it matters if you look professional or not.  You're just there to sign a bunch of legal documents. 

I can't remember what I wore.  Whatever I happened to have on that day!  And as I had the day off (that much I remember), I'm pretty sure I was probably in jeans. 

Same here!
  • Options
    DH and I came from work so we both dressed business casual.  Also, I'm glad we looked decent because our realtor took our picture in front of the "sold" sign. :)
    The listing agent took the "sold" sign down long before the closing date :( 
    We just wore whatever - it was late June, so probably shorts. I didn't care, DH is friends with our banker, and we weren't ever going to see the lawyers again.
  • Options

We closed at the title company. I did either wear business casual or it may have been jeans and a nice blouse with nice sandals. What you are saying you are wearing is completely fine either way. You're outfit sounds nice and professional, if you want to look that way it's perfectly fine! Most people don't close on houses every day and it can be a dress up occasion if you want!   

\image  image

• Options
    We closed on a casual Friday. We were both wearing jeans.

• Options
    Count me in the group that doesn't understand the question. Wear whatever you happen to be wearing that day.
  • Options
    We ended up dressing up in business casual attire and it was a great choice. Everyone else was dressed nicely and we fit right it.
  • Options
    groovygrlgroovygrl member
    edited September 2013
    No recollection at all but I agree that unless you're planning a photo w/ the SOLD sign I wouldn't even think about it. I'd wear jeans or whatever if you weren't coming from work... The bank already gave you the $ so no one left to impress :)
  • Options
    Definitely did not dress up for signing a bunch of papers :) Unnecessary!
  • Options
    We both came from work, so I was wearing something pretty business casual at the time and DH was in khakis and a button up shirt. 

When we refinanced I was on maternity leave and wearing yoga pants and a nursing tank:) 

I would imagine jeans would be perfectly fine, but I live in Utah where people have been known to wear jeans to the symphony (not me for the record)!
  • Options
    We ended up dressing up in business casual attire and it was a great choice. Everyone else was dressed nicely and we fit right it.
    Well, yeah.  As this is everyone else's JOB, I'd of course expect them to be dressed up.   I still don't really understand what there is to "fit in" over.  In essence, they are there at your command.  It's great that you were comfortable, but this whole concept still kind of makes me laugh. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"