Single Parents

Glad I made the decision to leave and be a single mom!

I haven't heard from BD since the day DS was born. We exchanged a few texts about 12 hours after birth, he asked for my info "so he could send me what little he could afford" and I gave him my parents address where I'm staying until I can get back on my feet. I even texted him a couple of pics of DS before I accidentally drowned my phone and lost his number. 9 and 1/2 months later, still haven't heard from him or seen the first penny from him to help support the life we created together. I filed for CS with my state, they still haven't been able to find him to serve him paperwork and get a court order established. All I can say is he's missing out on a beautiful, happy and active baby boy, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I chose to leave when I was about 19 weeks along, and never regretted doing so because my son and I are both better off without him. It's tough, but my parents are here to help when I need them to. 

Just thought I'd share a little bit since I've been mostly lurking here for a little over a year now, and never really introduced myself. BTW, I love this board. You all are the most understanding and supportive group of women I've come across on this site.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
photo 9df49095-cf0f-4192-a338-7695f445291a_zps876ddeb4.jpg

Re: Glad I made the decision to leave and be a single mom!

• I've also been lurking on this board here & there. My boyfriend and I have been on bad terms even before finding out we were expecting. I went against my better judgement and moved in with him a couple of weeks ago, and now things are really falling apart. I'm facing the prospect of moving back in with my mom, and being a single parent. This has been really hard for me, lately. I know that this decision is for the best, but even so I'm struggling with it.
    Reading some of the posts on here are so uplifting though. Even though I don't know you all, you've given me strength. So, thank you for your post. Your little one is a such a cutie!

Elliott Brady was 7lbs 4oz & 19in
    born March 8th, 2014 at 9:08pm
  • I lurk and try to give advice when I can.  I find this board is way more laid back, less people trying to find a way to make someone else feel bad, and all these people are, in some way or another, going through what I'm going through and its much easier to be in a community like this.  All my friends with kids are either stay at home moms or working moms that are married.  And it sometimes gets under my nerves when they say stuff like "man, that must be hard raising a child by yourself.  I don't know what I'd do without my [insert "cutie pie fru-fru nickname" that makes me gag]".  I'm glad we collectively can be a source of strength and support for us all. Because, isn't that what this community is for?  Much love and good vibes sent your way.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"