August 2012 Moms
Options

WFD this week?

Here's our plan: 
  • Sun: beef and potato tacos with all the fixins
  • Mon: Pork chops and applesauce, braised greens and cornbread. 
  • Tue: Zucchini Rice Gratin with salad 
  • Wed Pumpkin Pasta, salad 
  • Thu Chicken thighs with broccoli and braised carrots 
  • Fri Takeout, probably the BBQ place near us. 
  • Sat Out!
I try to cook to reflect the weather but this week looks like it's neither hot nor cold so yay for whatever goes. 
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: WFD this week?

• Options
    Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole (probably today)
    Tomorrow: BBQ out with some girlfriends to say goodbye before my move, H and DS are on their own
    Tuesday: Hawaiian chicken in the crock pot
    Wednesday or Thursday:  Happy hour and dinner with my coworkers for my last day, H and DS on their own again
    Maybe a spicy shrimp scampi on Thursday?

And leftovers all the other days. I'll consider it a victory if I cook one of those meals. I spend a lot of time on facebook, and drinking, apparently.
    HAH

• Options
    I have a whole m, skinned chicken cooking in the slow cooker right now. I will use the meat for chicken Caesar salad, tacos and one other meal. We are going to DH's dad and SM, as we do most Sunday afternoons, so I don't need to plan dinner until Thursday.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tonight - leftover chicken alfredo with kale/zucchini

Tomorrow - sweet and sour crockpot chicken and brown rice with green peppers and onions

Tuesday - dinner at FIL's

Wednesday - potato soup to use up our garden potatoes that are taking over our pantry

Thurs - Saturday is the great unknown. Meal planning was never my strong suit :(

• Options
    tonight- breakfast for dinner!

Monday- grilling out! burgers/dogs/corn/pineapple

Tuesday- Turkey grilled cheese and sweet potato fries

Wednesday- Crunchy black bean tacos

Thursday- we are going out for my bday!

Friday- not sure...

• Options
    Tonight: Chicken and dumplings
    Tomorrow: Jalapeno and cheddar sausages
    Wednesday: Leftover chicken and dumplings
    Thursday: Chili
    Friday: Chili dogs with left over chili
    Saturday: Not sure
    Sunday: Grilled steak and chicken

I usually do steamed veggies and a rice or potato as a side

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    edited September 2013
    @Baker_Bride Your plans always sound so good! What's this pumpkin pasta you speak of?

Monday - Spaghetti squash and tomato sauce, salad
    Tuesday - Turkey tacos and black beans
    Wednesday - Chicken noodle soup
    Thursday - Caprese chicken, orzo and butternut squash (doesn't really go but need to use that damn squash!)
    Friday - 5th anniversary, so out
    Saturday - we have a wedding

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I love these threads.

Sunday- black bean soup with brown rice
    Monday- chicken cordon bleu with rice and honey roasted carrots
    Tuesday- pasta with homemade meatballs and ceasar salad
    Wednesday- rotisserie chicken from the stores deli, corn on the cob, and green bean casserole
    Thursday- cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole
    Friday- leftovers
    Saturday- grilled mozzarella, basil, and tomato sandwiches
    Sunday- stuffed shells

Now, if I stick to it for one week straight it will be a miracle :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have to say that I am impressed with everyone's meal planning for the week! We usually decide the night before!
    I have tried meal planning but it always ended up changing so now I don't even bother! Someday I will be that organized! 
    Kudos to all you meal plannin' mommas!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chicken and dumplings with sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, carrots, onions and peas, golden watermelon, cheddar & broccoli quiche with whole wheat crust, and bran muffins with shredded apple, zucchini and carrots. I have to admit, I didn't make any of this. My mom is an unbelievable cook and loves to do it, so every week she makes a ton of food for us, my brother and my nephew and delivers it all on Monday mornings. It is insane how spoiled my brother and I are. It's no wonder we both only live a few blocks from her, and don't want to move any farther.
  • Options
    rjacques said:

I have to say that I am impressed with everyone's meal planning for the week! We usually decide the night before!
    I have tried meal planning but it always ended up changing so now I don't even bother! Someday I will be that organized! 
    Kudos to all you meal plannin' mommas!

I hate the store. Before I make the shopping list, I look at stuff and decide what to make. I write a list with the days and plug the meals in. I don't always make them on the right day. I also make sure one is always a frozen/pantry meal so I can cancel one meal if something happens. The Pumpkin Pasta is that for this week.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Why do I keep capitalizing pumpkin pasta?

@ccam, it's a Rachael Ray recipe. My best friend had us to dinner for it and it was so good. When I get on my laptop, I'll post a link. It's called penne wise pumpkin something. It has cream in it but I use puréed cottage cheese for recipes calling for cream, unless it's the weekend. I allow cream on the weekend.

• Options
    ccamccam member
    edited September 2013

@Baker_Bride Thanks!  I'll check it out.  So funny that you "allow cream on the weekends", we're like that at home about certain things too!!

ETA:  Can't get on all sites here at work, but does this look like it??

https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/penne-wise-pumpkin-pasta/

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    That pumpkin pasta sounds great! I may have to try it! @Baker_Bride I never knew you could substitute pureed cottage cheese for cream! I will have to try that too! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@baker_bride, looks like you are having Peter Brady over for dinner tonight!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgDdgXjjN0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8wgDdgXjjN0

But mine is the snobby Gourmet Magazine version.

• Options
    ccam said:

@Baker_Bride Thanks!  I'll check it out.  So funny that you "allow cream on the weekends", we're like that at home about certain things too!!

ETA:  Can't get on all sites here at work, but does this look like it??

https://www.tasteandtellblog.com/penne-wise-pumpkin-pasta/

That's it. I forgot to get shallots. I guess I'll use red onion and garlic to pretend. Anything to not have to go to the store.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"