August 2012 Moms
Options

Cyber bullying and suicide

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/14/us/suicide-of-girl-after-bullying-raises-worries-on-web-sites.html?pagewanted=all&src=ISMR_AP_LO_MST_FB Stories like this one scare the crap out of me. I cannot imagine the torture and sense of hopeless a 12 year old had to feel to take her own life. I also cannot imagine the despair and anger her mother is experiencing and will for the rest of her life. Who raises monsters with no humanity or empathy? Are parents raising a generation of psychopaths? I don't know how I can protect my daughter from being a victim or being part of a group where humiliating their peers is a sport. Your thoughts.
TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Cyber bullying and suicide

• Options
    It's horrible.

While we all worry about our kids being victims of bullying-- ever wonder, what if my kid is the bully?!

THIS is why my daughter will probably hate me in her teens- I will monitor her social networking (twitter, facebook, myspace (is that still around?)) and she will have a Jitterbug phone where she can call 911, me, DH, and maybe a few friends... does this make me crazy? Probably.. but I am going to try to protect her as much as I can.
  • Options
    That is so sad. I feel so bad for this girl and her family. I think it's too much though to assume that other middle schoolers are nature enough to understand the enormity of what they're doing. Yes, these kids shouldn't be bullying at all, but they're not capable yet of understanding the full consequences of how their actions affect another person. It's on the parents of the bullies as much as the parents of the victims to keep the school environment safe.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's just awful. It makes me want to be a nicer person. Whoever says being a kid isn't hard clearly has forgotten that they have the same amount of worry we do. It's worry about different things but that does not make it any less real. Those poor parents. I just can't think of things like this. You have this wonderful, vibrant child...gone at her own hands because of torture. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options

Horrible. 

The best I can do is try to teach my kids to be the ones who stand up for the underdog and stand up to bullies. 

So, so sad.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Terrible. Children can be so cruel and with the social media available today, it's even easier to hurt/ridicule/humliate somebody in every way possible.
  • Options
    amaiteamaite member
    edited September 2013
    In response to the question of who raises monsters with no humanity or empathy, this is a site that i happened to read today, and i find many of the comments by supposed parents to be horrifying.

https://childparenting.about.com/b/2011/03/10/2617.htm

Knowing that some students are being raised by people like that, it's not surprising that bullying takes place when children are being taught that their wants are more important than someone else's life.

Eta: I posted wrong link first time around
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"