C-sections

Should I get my tubes tied?

This will be my fourth child all four children are from my husband, soon to be ex husband who is cheating on me and we are in the process of a divorce. I had wanted to get a tubal when we were together because he had refused to get a vasectomy. Now that we are divorcing I am hesitant. What if I meet someone new in the future and he has no kids or wants more kids? If I can't have children will that be a deal breaker? I really can't see myself having anymore children and I do not want to go through another pregnancy alone. I don't what to do....help!
Kikimomof3 :)

Re: Should I get my tubes tied?

• First I'm so sorry for what your husband has put you through. I don't know your age, if you are young enough that you think you have time to meet someone else and have another child then don't do it. I don't want this to come across as mean but I don't think birth control is an immediate concern right now for you but I'm happy that you can look to the future and see that it will be again someday. You have enough change with a divorce and a baby that I don't know if you really need to make a permanent decision like a tubal. I will be having a third c section in a few weeks and while realistically this is probably my last, I'm not ready to make a permanent choice. All the best to you and your children.
  • I personally wouldn't get a tubal in your situation.  If you were 100% sure you were done that might be a different story (because the "right" guy for you wouldn't want more kids either), but if you're not certain than make that decision later.  You could always opt for a IUD for the time being.  I'm sorry about your STB X-H.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • This is not intended to be flaming but really? If you're asking the Internet about having or not having more children in the midst of a divorce then I highly suggest taking some "me time" to really figure out what you want in your life.

Again not trying to flame, and I'm very sorry you're in this situation. I wish you all the best.
  • agreed-- if you aren't 100% on NOT having more kids- then I wouldn't get my tubes tied. Birth control for sure.
  • I am getting my tubes tied because regardless of how things turn out with DH I know that 2 kids is enough for me, plus I'm over 30 and want to wind down in the next few years and focus on things like travel & career, other than running after little ones.
    My obgyn says you need to think of this as a permanent thing as it may not work if you try to reverse it. Since you're not 100%, I think maybe an IUD would be a better option. (Plus condoms or spermicides as a backup!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"