Eco-Friendly Family

Mason Jars For Storing Baby Food

Hi, this is my first time posting on this board, but I'm hoping you might be able to help with a question. I'm a FTM of an 8 month old. I make her food and now that she is starting to eat more solids the 2oz containers I originally bought are too small. I like the idea of glass but the baby specific ones are very expensive. Does anyone use mason jars for storing baby food? I bought a 12 pack of 4 oz canning jars and from what I read they are pretty sturdy and can be put in the freezer. They are also much cheaper. Has anyone used these? If so how do you like them? I also still need to figure out what I am going to use for a lid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

Re: Mason Jars For Storing Baby Food

• brownmousebrownmouse member
    edited September 2013
    I use mason jars for EVERYTHING. I store all my bulk goods in them, when I make jams/jellies I use them, and I have even made coffee syrups and creamers and stored them in the fridge/freezer. Heck, we honestly use the tall skinny pickle jars as drinking glasses, which is awesome because if we want to make a glass of tea or something and are going out, we just stick a lif on it and take it with us. I use them for my morning coffee if I leave the house as well.

We are currently trying for #2, and we plan to use the small mason jars for storing homemade baby food. I am pretty sure mason jars are the best invention ever.

Edit: Excuse my exuberance. I am a little excitable this morning. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks! It's hard to understand how the baby companies will charge over $20 for four glass cubes when I can get 12 4 oz Mason jars for $9. I also bought some 4 oz jars that I'm going to use to make hot chocolate mix favors for my daughter's first birthday party.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Choose freezer safe glass jars to store homemade baby food! These Ball canning jars are freezer safe - use plastic wrap between the lids to help protect baby food.

• Nancy1250Nancy1250 member
    edited December 2013
    Hi! Pregnant momma here!

How long does baby food in Jars last in the fridge? Freezer?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"