C-sections
Options

When do they schedule a RCS?

Assuming everything is normal with the pregnancy.
IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: When do they schedule a RCS?

• Options
    I just scheduled mine for 10/31, and I will be 39 weeks 2 days
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerx
  • Options
    My is scheduled for 39w 5d. I had my son at 37w though, so I am not sure if I will make it that far.
    image Noah Michael, born sleeping 9/29/12 at 19w 3d. We love you forever Little Man! image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 2/4/13 EDD: 10/11/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Patiently waiting for Buggirl to join me!!
    Beta #1 11dpo:89 Progesterone:38.9 Beta #2 18dpo:1940
    HB seen at 6w HB 8w 5d 176bpm! Its a BOY!
    grow rainbow grow!!!!
    All Always Welcome!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am tired, so I am reading this 2 different ways. When do they put it in the books or when they do they do it?

Both depends on the OB. My 1st RCS was done 39w 5d. After that it was an odd pregnancy so he was 3 1/2 weeks early. The 3rd RCS was 39W 1D because 39W on the dot was a Sunday. Otherwise she would have gone for that. This time, well, I came into play with when. I have a September baby and decided I would prefer an October baby. Yes, I know, playing with fate. So Csection is on a Wed (easiest day for my caretaker) and will be at 39W and 3 days. Had I not said anything, it would have been 39w 1D again because once again, 39W falls on a Sunday.

If when they put it on the schedule, then normally around 28/32 weeks... or that is when all of mine but this last one did. This last time I had it in the books before 20 weeks.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    My surgeon put me on the schedule at 34 weeks after my consult. DS2 was born at 39w5d as that was the date I preferred. They were willing to let me pick the date provided it was 39w+.
  • Options
    Mine was scheduled fairly early on, was definitely before I was 20 weeks, my OB wanted to be sure to have me scheduled for an early morning slot and went as far in advance as he could. As for when it's scheduled to happen, it's the day before my due date, due on 12/7, so I'll be on the table on 12/6, unless this little boy decides to come sooner, which is always a possibility.

• Options
    Mine hospital won't put me in the schedule until 36 weeks and won't do the c until 39. I never make it that long so I don't worry about what they schedule.
  • Options
    I can schedule the surgery at 28 weeks however, my OB indicated the surgery can take place anytime after 39 weeks.
    image image image Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    My hospital doesn't let you go past 39 weeks, and I was able to get put onto the c/s schedule at my 32 week appt.

imageLilypie - (jv05)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Mine is scheduled for 39 weeks, the first day of that week.

And they scheduled me on my first visit to my new OB, at 13 weeks.
  • Options
    I won't schedule mine until my doc has her schedule for Dec. It will be scheduled for my 39th week. I have never made it until 39 weeks though so I guess we will see.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Options
    My doctor just scheduled my RCS at my visit yesterday (24 weeks).  They will be taking her when I'm 39 weeks. 

• Options
    Typically they don't do scheduled CS until at least 39 weeks unless there is a reason.  Studies show that babies do better if they are delivered after 39 weeks gestation.
  • Options
    They put it in the books around 20w (not normal, but my dr loves me) and it was at 38w exactly for medical reasons.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was told any day after 39 weeks. They weren't allowed to schedule it even a day earlier than that.

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"