Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Britax B-Ready questions

I'm looking at purchasing this stroller and have a few questions for those who own it or have tested it out in store(unfortunately I don't have that option). 1. Do you find it difficult to shop with, get through narrow spaces/doors? This is my biggest concern about the b-ready, since it seems a bit on the wide side 2. Can a Chicco 30 car seat go on the bottom or only on the top setting? 3. Is it ok for long walks on somewhat rough terrain? 4. What don't you like about it, if anything? Thanks!
image Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Britax B-Ready questions

• Options
    Sorry for funky spacing, on my tablet
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If fits through standard size doors just fine but you might have difficulty with doorways that are smaller than the standard.  I've been shopping with mine tons of times and usually I don't have any issues.  It can be a little difficult in stores with really narrow aisles but I manage.  The chicco keyfit can go on the top or bottom, however, if you want it on the bottom you have to buy the infant car seat adapter frame AND the lower infant car seat adapter.  To put the car seat in the top position you just need the infant car seat adapter.  As for as rough terrain, it depends how rough.  It handles well on grass and small rocks/bumps.  If it's really rocky/bumpy then you are better off with an all-terrain stroller/jogger.

The only things I don't like are the giant wheels in the back and it's kind of heavy but overall I really like the stroller.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do think it's too wide. It's really a pain to maneuver in stores. I end up taking my crappy umbrella stroller to the mall. It does drive really well around the neighborhood and the park. I like it for the most part, but I think I might have been happier with the B agile.
  • Options
    I'm fairly new to this stroller and I often find myself catching the rear wheels on obstacles in tight spaces or doorways especially when you have to pull open the door and push the stroller in. We got it for the doubles mode and it handles really well, much better than BJ CS, when fully loaded as a double. The toddler rides on the bottom and doesn't seem to mind the obstructed view. The lower seat can accommodate a baby from birth. We use our keyfit seat in the top position with the universal adapter. As pp pointed out you would need a lower extender and the universal adapter to fit a non britax seat in the lower position. With the upper seat removed, the stroller folds quite well and sits upright in my suv cargo space, leaving lots of space. It is then fairly manageable for me at 26 lbs or so. With both seats attached its quite hefty at 33 lbs and significantly more bulky. While both seats can be in place when folded, they detach and snap in so easily that I prefer to remove the upper one when stowing in the car. I really like the stroller for the doubles mode and accept the weight and bulk as a necessity then,but I would probably not buy it for primary use as a single.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had the stroller single mode for two years. We love it. It is on the heavy side but very comfy for my dd who is 2.5 now. It goes thru all stores fine. I have done playgrounds and woods. The car seat can go on the bottom or top. 
    I would buy it again. I had 7 strollers and I think this is a good stroller. I do not like my city mini which is adored on this site. I like my britax more. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"