August 2012 Moms
Options

Flu shots

Are your LOs getting a flu shot? Are you and DH/SO getting it too?

T got his already at his 1 yr well baby check. Last year he got the flu twice, two different strains. I'm going to try to avoid that. I'm going to get the shot too but DH refuses. I think he is being unreasonable.

Re: Flu shots

• Options
    I used to have to for my job and H's job gives them out. We will all get it this year.

I got a really really bad flu a few years ago. 105 fever and I seriously don't remember bits and pieces of it. I have gotten the shot ever since because even though you can still get the flu, it won't be that bad.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    We all will.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He got his last week. After his last two hospital stays the pedi wasn't going to mess around and neither was I!
  • Options
    no flu shots here. SAHM and SAH DD
  • Options
    We never get the flu shot.
  • Options
    DD and DS already got their flu shots. I plan to get one. I will probably recommend DH does, but he probably won't. I'm less concerned about DH this year since DS could get the shot before flu season starts. If DH gets sick, he won't get us sick, at least.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LucyD1029 said:
    But you do leave the house, right? My kids already got theirs and DH and I will get them at work.
    Of course we do- but why get a shot that doesn't work the same for everyone? CDC states that flu shots effectiveness in children are 2 and up.
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/vaccineeffect.htm
  • Options
    DD got 1/2 of hers. have to go back at the end of this month for the 2nd part... DH's work does them for free so he got his already. I am planning on going towards the end of this month to get mine. I have been getting one since college and haven't had the flu since hs, sooo 10yrs now!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    W already had his, I will get mine next month, and H gets it through his work sometime soon.

I had the flu once in college, and it's not something I want to repeat or give to W.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We will all get one. I had H1N1 3 years ago and it was terrible. 104 fever for 4 straight days until it broke and I literally could not move because my body was so sore. I was also delirious. I almost had to be admitted to the hospital. I never want to go through that again.

• Options
    hls19 said:

LucyD1029 said:

hls19 said:

But you do leave the house, right?

My kids already got theirs and DH and I will get them at work.

Of course we do- but why get a shot that doesn't work the same for everyone? CDC states that flu shots effectiveness in children are 2 and up.

All the more reason for Mom and Dad to arm themselves against it so they don't transmit it to their child. The flu can be deadly in little ones.

Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    LucyD1029 said:
    But you do leave the house, right? My kids already got theirs and DH and I will get them at work.
    All the more reason for Mom and Dad to arm themselves against it so they don't transmit it to their child. The flu can be deadly in little ones.
    Absolutely- and we do in other ways. Vaccine isn't the only preventative. DD has her other vaccines- I'm not anti vaccine. Just anti flu shot I guess..
  • Options
    hls19 said:
    LucyD1029 said:
    Absolutely- and we do in other ways. Vaccine isn't the only preventative. DD has her other vaccines- I'm not anti vaccine. Just anti flu shot I guess..
    And there's nothing wrong with that. :-) 
    We believe that diet, exercise/activity, chiropractic care, and lots of fresh air & sunshine play a huge part in preventative action that should be taken. Our bodies are pretty amazing when you think about it....it's more important to maintain an environment that germs can't thrive in than worrying about the germs themselves. Germs are everywhere, it's impossible to not come into contact with them. But to strengthen your bodies to where germs can't thrive, that's our goal. ;)
  • Options
    A got hers with tbe rest of her 1 year shots. I'll get mine at some point
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • Options
    DS got his, I'll get mine, and after a nasty fight about this last year...DH will get his :)
  • Options
    yes, DS got his flu shot already at his 12 month checkup and DH and i will both be getting it soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"