May 2013 Moms
Options

Sleep tips

Hi everyone! I have not been on here in forever but thought I would ask for advice.. No matter what time I put my LO down for bed she's up at 4 am hungry.. I have tried putting her down early like by 8:30-9 and she will be up at 3:30-4, but the same goes for when I try later at 10-11. It's not a big problem, she will usually eat and go back to sleep for several hours, but I was just wondering if there is anyway to break the 4 am habit. For a while she would wake up at 5 or 6, so I'm wondering if its because she's bigger she gets hungrier earlier? Thanks!

Re: Sleep tips

• Options
    She may just not be ready to drop that feeding. How much does she drink during the day? And how much at that feeding? How old is she?
    My LO dropped his MOTN feedings when he made it up during the day (except now of course during his 4 month sleep regression he's back to a MOTN feeding - blechhh) but he still drinks his 30 oz/day, it's just stretched over a longer period of time. Instead of squeezing it in from 6am- 7:00pm, it's from 3:30am (sigh) to 7pm. I would still put her down earlier rather than later. I used to think if I put LO down later he's wake for the day later, but that never happened. He sleeps way better and longer if I put him down earlier (again, pre regression).
    Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    She's probably just hungry. Feed her and she'll grow out of it eventually.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    as PPs say she's probably just hungry.

You could gradually add on 5minutes to when you do the MOTN feed until it's eventually half an hour and so on and so forth until before you know it it's 6am.

FWiW I think the norm is not to sleep right through. There are quite a few babies on here that STTN but in general I think thats the exception not the rule so I wouldn't worry about it.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"